The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Beyond My Skill To Fix: Two Broken Mbs And A Broken Schaeffer Snorkel

montblanc schaeffer snorkel

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Nia

Nia

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:19

Photos show up for me, but to make it easier next time perhaps you can try using Imgur or some other image hosting site?

Have a nice night/evening!

Sponsored Content

#22 Stainink

Stainink

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 08:07

Please count me in to all three.

#23 Gump

Gump

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2019 - 16:05

I could repair two of the three myself, and I could especially use the first Montblanc. I have the same model, but with a damages grip section, so our two broken pens could make one good one.

Thanks for putting this together, very nice of you.

#24 rebcabin

rebcabin

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:49

Here is my latest attempt to share photos of this set.

https://www.amazon.c...XswbNpSXOYK1_W6

please gripe if they don't show up. I tested on another computer, but I did likewise with the last batch /boggle.

Trying imgur: https://imgur.com/a/U4M6cdd

I am leaning toward separating the collection because there are several people who
profess special affinities for one pen or another. Separating the collection would
be a modification of my original statement that I would give preference to
people who want all three. Would that modification be an outrage to the
community? Moderators, please advise :) If it's wrong to change those terms,
I'll stick with the original terms! In any case, I'll make my decisions on 20 Oct

#25 ardene

ardene

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:34

I am not interested in the pens, although they do appear to be serviceable. I am just writing on posting pics here. The upload tab under the FPN logo leads to an uploading page, although it might not be feasible to upload from a phone. After uploading an image of a supported type, one can just copy the BBcode line from the links provided and paste it in a post, and that's it.

#26 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2019 - 15:46

Trying imgur: https://imgur.com/a/U4M6cddI am leaning toward separating the collection because there are several people whoprofess special affinities for one pen or another. Separating the collection wouldbe a modification of my original statement that I would give preference topeople who want all three. Would that modification be an outrage to thecommunity? Moderators, please advise :) If it's wrong to change those terms,I'll stick with the original terms! In any case, I'll make my decisions on 20 Oct2019.

All three are of great interest! :)

#27 alc3261

alc3261

50 Something Callinebephile!!

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2019 - 23:43

Trying imgur: https://imgur.com/a/U4M6cdd

I am leaning toward separating the collection because there are several people who
profess special affinities for one pen or another. Separating the collection would
be a modification of my original statement that I would give preference to
people who want all three. Would that modification be an outrage to the
community? Moderators, please advise :) If it's wrong to change those terms,
I'll stick with the original terms! In any case, I'll make my decisions on 20 Oct

We would prefer that you upload the photos to our site using the Upload tab in the top line of our page. This means each thread will always make sense - Photobucket went away and other 3rd party sites might do so as well making images unavailable. So, please try out the Upload facility.

#28 rebcabin

rebcabin

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 October 2019 - 17:55

We would prefer that you upload the photos to our site using the Upload tab in the top line of our page. This means each thread will always make sense - Photobucket went away and other 3rd party sites might do so as well making images unavailable. So, please try out the Upload facility.

a small golf-clap to myself :)

fpn_1570556956__much_smaller_2019-09-28_

fpn_1570556994__much_smaller_2019-09-28_

fpn_1570557022__much_smaller_2019-09-28_

fpn_1570557044__much_smaller_2019-09-28_

#29 rebcabin

rebcabin

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2019 - 17:04

Here is the roster as of Saturday, 12 Oct 2019. I will do the real roll-off next sunday, 20 Oct 2019. Please reply-all with corrections!

0EA471B5-B226-47FB-AA14-13538159CC40.jpeg

#30 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,030 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2019 - 17:33

I see no corrections to be made! ;)

#31 Nia

Nia

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:02

Good evening!

I see no corrections.

#32 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,699 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:02

All correct.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#33 Timeline

Timeline

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2019 - 13:12

I would be interested in any of the three as I would like the challenge of restoring them to their original condition. Thanks for the opportunity. 

LetterExchange.png

#34 KingRoach

KingRoach

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2019 - 23:54

I would like to be entered for this if you'd be willing to send them to the UK. I'd like to do the repair on these. :)

#35 rebcabin

rebcabin

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 15:43

Adding you to the roster, Timeline :)

I would be interested in any of the three as I would like the challenge of restoring them to their original condition. Thanks for the opportunity. 

#36 rebcabin

rebcabin

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 15:45

KingRoach --- If you can provide a prepaid, pre-addressed box that I can drop at UPS, FedEx, or US Postal Service, I'm willing to ship to the UK.

Adding you to the roster for the Sunday roll-off :)

I would like to be entered for this if you'd be willing to send them to the UK. I'd like to do the repair on these. :)

#37 KingRoach

KingRoach

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 20:46

Thanks. Do you have an idea what cost is to put placed on the box to be sent to the UK by FedEx? It should be a minimal box (large letter) size at most, but I don't know how it works in the USA, you have the flat-rate box system thing so there's a minimal cost.

#38 rebcabin

rebcabin

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2019 - 14:25

Thanks. Do you have an idea what cost is to put placed on the box to be sent to the UK by FedEx? It should be a minimal box (large letter) size at most, but I don't know how it works in the USA, you have the flat-rate box system thing so there's a minimal cost.

Hi, King Roach : if you win, we will figure something out. My wife occasionally ships to the UK and will have some advice for us.

#39 KingRoach

KingRoach

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2019 - 00:41

Many thanks in any case, for having this PIF, for allowing the opportunity. Good luck to all!

#40 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,147 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:07

I would be interested in all three as I think I would be able to either repair all three or have the parts used.

Thank you for the generous PIF.
Khan M. Ilyas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, schaeffer, snorkel

Sponsored Content

|