The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Grand Vision Pens

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seney724

Seney724

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2019 - 17:30

I'd be grateful for anyone's thoughts, experiences or recommendations about this UK pen dealer.

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 10:06

I have never made a purchase as I find the prices to be eye-wateringly expensive. I have spotted a fair  few items where he has clearly tried to quickly flipped an item for a 200% mark up. More common however is that the prices are so extreme his pens sit listed forever (eg this CS27 listed at £400! - 123679862647)  I suppose the volume of pens listed compared to the number sold says it all. 

However as far as I can tell the items are always accurately described and 100% correct - which is not the case with some of the other 'regular' ebay sellers who clearly rely on the ignorance of the buyer.

"You pays your money and takes your choice" 

#3 Seney724

Seney724

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 13:06

Thanks for your response. I was beginning to think the "silence" was a reflection of FPN members' collective negativity about the seller. And, I suppose, that still could be the case. However, no one has sent me a PM warning me to beware..........

Actually, I did not realize they were eBay sellers. Or, at least, eBay sellers under the same name. They have a freestanding (i.e. not an "eBay store") website which looks quite nice. I assumed they were a "bricks & mortar" UK based seller but, now that I look more at their website, I'm not so sure they have an actual bricks & mortar store.

I have just now made a quick comparison. The pens they have listed on eBay are listed for the same price on their website. But there is much more inventory on their website. The pen I was looking at was not a CS. It, too, is "eye-wateringly" expensive but in what appears to be legitimate "near mint" condition. The type of condition where one might expect to pay a premium. But, as we all know, just because it says "near mint" does not mean what you will get is "near mint!" This the reason for my inquiry here.

Any others, please chime in or send me a PM.

#4 SomersetSwan

SomersetSwan

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 20:53

I have seen him on instagram as well. A lack of comment in my case is only that i have had no dealings with him / her.

#5 effandpee

effandpee

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 18:36

Ive bought a couple of pens with absolutely no issues. Cant really say whether I was overcharged but items always as described, arrived on time and well-packaged.

#6 effandpee

effandpee

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 18:38

*accidental double-post - sorry* Ive bought a couple of pens with absolutely no issues. Cant really say whether I was overcharged but items always as described, arrived on time and well-packaged.

Edited by effandpee, 29 September 2019 - 18:39.

Sponsored Content

|