The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Replacement Nib For Lifelong Pen

nibs lifelong replacement vintage lifelongpen replacement nib unit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ruth Feiertag

Ruth Feiertag

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:45

I have a vintage Lifelong Pen in need of a new nib. Does anyone know where I might get one?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

Ruth

IMG_0457.jpg IMG_0459.jpg IMG_0460.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Addertooth

Addertooth

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2019 - 13:17

The missing parts appear to be....

The Nib

The Feed (most likely made of black hard rubber which the nib sits on and is slid into the black peice, called the section)

A Sac (which holds the ink and is compressed by raising the lever, and then fills when lever is lowered.

The feed and nib need to be a very specific size to fit in the "section" and you may need to send your pen to someone who restores old pens.  They may have a nib/feed which will fit, but most likely will not be the "lifelong" brand.  

If you google "fountain pen repair", you should bring up several listings.  

Other than the green ink staining, that is a rather nice looking pen; you should enjoy it once it is fixed.

Best of luck Ruth.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nibs, lifelong, replacement, vintage, lifelongpen, replacement nib unit

Sponsored Content

|