Hongdian Fountain Pen All Black (Brand)

Guettaby

Hi people,

I am looking for a cheap all black fountain pen, I wanted the Kaco Sky II with black nib, but they are not available anymore . I was looking for something else and I found this brand and this aluminium fountain pen. I looked for a review or some opinions about the brand and I found nothing.

Here is the fountain pen, an all black aluminium body and F & EF black nib , at 10 euros shipping included .

If anyone has informations about that FP ?

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/HongDian-Fountain-Pen-With-0-4mm-0-5mm-EF-F-Nib-Converter-Pen-Black-White/202729537124?hash=item2f339f3e64:m:m2tGmYwaK_H8YUUP4yudwEw

post-151717-0-62112200-1569183360_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guettaby

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guettaby

• Mech-for-i

• MuddyWaters

• Ememel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh well the Black Forest pen from the brand , its by itself a nice workhorse type pen ( as in for office , daily use ) their nib usually a tiny bit broader than typical Chinese nib of same grind , I'll call it roughly half a grind so. No idea how tough that oxide coating would last but almost all such black nib suffer the same so I guess nothing to get hung on. As typical a brand that tailor mostly to its home market the nib grind is tailored to writing the said language which mean its leaning on the conservative side when ink flow is concern and the grind usually had flatter side profile instead of a bulged ball.

I might also offer an alternative if you prefer non metal material, buy one of the M&G 1202 or Winning 607 in black and source a black nib to put onto them ( they come in factory polished steel ) , in the photo below I bestow them with Lamy EF and F, but there are readily available Chinese nib of this type in the black oxide finish , the M&G is all square and actually sort of like the Kaco Sky but a bit lighter , the Winning is all triangular, and had the surface satin blasted finish, its not matt, just look so on the photo.

48779894232_9fe6647526_k.jpgWinning 607 and M&G AFPM1202 all black, on Flickr

Edited by Mech-for-i

Thanks Mech for the informations and suggestions .

I'm having several cheap FP with Safari nibs (from EF to 1.1 Lamy Stub), and as you know we love to vary nib experience. At this point I'd prefer to buy the Perkeo all black, I do not have any Kaweco and it's a real sized pen.

I'll stay here waiting for more suggestions

Edited by Guettaby

Oh I was not up to date with that, don't know Kaweco had a Perkeo in all black, that's kind of off beat interesting ; got to go get one ; they really should release their Sport in a piston filler all black and made it a regular model as top of the line

Oh I was not up to date with that, don't know Kaweco had a Perkeo in all black, that's kind of off beat interesting ; got to go get one ; they really should release their Sport in a piston filler all black and made it a regular model as top of the line

Yes and it is beautiful ! I think new Kawecos are equiped by Jowo instead of Bock nibs.

The Hong dian looks really nice. Material reminds me by appearance of my fav material ever, that of my stealth Faber Castell e-motion. But I saw a picture of it in someone's hand and it looks very very thin, so I passed.

I have had this pen for a couple of days now, inked with Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi. It is a well behaved pen with good ink flow but I find that the pen too small/ thin for my liking. It's not even that much shorter uncapped than my other pens, but it's thinner/ has a smaller diameter at least on the section which I don't like. Just for a reference, size wise my favourite pens are Jinhao 1200 (it ain't that pretty though) and Fuliwen 017 which I think categorize as "oversized".

I'll take some photos for you in a sec.

I just read this, Pimio / Picasso had their model 916 now offered in all black

Thanks , I've looked for it but the only thing I found is the black pen with a regular Stainless steel nib. Do you have a link ? Thanks.

Thanks Ememel, the section is thin , and your art is so ethnic ! I have some african cotton fabric that looks the same.

Is the nib in the smooth or toothy side for an F ?

Edited by Guettaby

Definitely smooth! No toothiness whatsoever (I have those nibs as well). If I remember correctly, the ink has some lubrication in it, so it might also have an effect.

• 1 month later...

There is a new model of this brand , an all black called Black Army. Can be supplied with two nibs.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/HongDian-Black-Army-General-0-4mm-0-5mm-Nib-Fountain-Pen-Gift-Fude-Nib-Unit/202796849128?var=502950602684

I ordered that pen and it arrived today. It's a Hong Dian 6013.

Well made, good quality and the nib is very smooth. I like it.

I ordered that pen and it arrived today. It's a Hong Dian 6013.

Well made, good quality and the nib is very smooth. I like it.

Nice, how is it in hands ? posts well ? how about length unposted ? Thanks