The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters Red Python

montblanc great masters python red meisterstuck review

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Appelboompen

Appelboompen

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2019 - 21:56

Dear fellow Montblanc fans,

We made an overview video about the new Montblanc Great Masters Red Python edition which was recently launched by Montblanc.

https://www.youtube....h?v=UtUOv6iq8Oo

What do you think of this new addition of the Great Masters series? Which one is your favorite in this series?

Visit our webstore www.appelboompennen.nl
We ship worldwide!

Sponsored Content

#2 KAC

KAC

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2019 - 23:20

I know my posts on this topic are becoming repetitive and my opinion is likely highly idiosyncratic, but - to my eye - most modern MB pens are quite garish and oftentimes ostentatiously so, this one included. I'll stick to MB vintage and the 149 series.

#3 gordeeal

gordeeal

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:18

I really like it. Beautiful.  I guess pens can be utilitarian or works of art and sometimes both.

#4 jaytaylor

jaytaylor

My pens crashed again!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2019 - 04:29

How does the Python feel about this pen?

#5 whichwatch

whichwatch

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,402 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 14:59

Snakes!  Why'd it have to be snakes?

Actually, I thought it was quite attractive - until I saw the price.  But then again, I don't suppose the python was a willing participant in this project, so perhaps the price is understandable.

Edited by whichwatch, 22 September 2019 - 15:03.

#6 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2019 - 14:24

I know my posts on this topic are becoming repetitive and my opinion is likely highly idiosyncratic, but - to my eye - most modern MB pens are quite garish and oftentimes ostentatiously so, this one included. I'll stick to MB vintage and the 149 series.

I the case of this pen I agree.

Most leather products owned by men are either black or brown in colour.   I would never consider buying a wallet, shows or belt in red leather.  Looking at this pen I think the same is true for pens.  I think it would have been a far classier pen if it were black or brown.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

#7 gerigo

gerigo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 928 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2019 - 19:28

I believe there are 3 colors that will be introduced. A black, a brown and a red. I personally don't understand who they are targeting with the red leather because it's so over the top.

I the case of this pen I agree.

Most leather products owned by men are either black or brown in colour.   I would never consider buying a wallet, shows or belt in red leather.  Looking at this pen I think the same is true for pens.  I think it would have been a far classier pen if it were black or brown.

#8 AndyLogan

AndyLogan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2019 - 13:31

I believe there are 3 colors that will be introduced. A black, a brown and a red. I personally don't understand who they are targeting with the red leather because it's so over the top.

@Gerigo, those with over the top taste?, Kidding aside, they might be thinking of female fountain pen users who would appreciate a little bling, but a lot of female users I know prefer pens of a smaller, slimmer size, there are of course some exceptions as Ghost Plane uses pens that are 149 in size.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

#9 roadrunner320

roadrunner320

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 09:50

I like the color and the look, would I buy it, not sure

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, great masters, python, red, meisterstuck, review

Sponsored Content

|