- An ink swab, made with a cotton Q-tip
- 1-2-3 pass swab, to show increasing saturation
- An ink scribble made with a Lamy Safari M-nib fountain pen
- The name of the paper used, written with a Lamy Safari B-nib
- A small text sample, written with an M-nib
- Drying times of the ink on the paper (with the M-nib)
Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 21 September 2019 - 19:44
Posted 21 September 2019 - 22:42
Great review of yours as always. What strikes me most is that it is in fact -- as you point out -- a real unicum of a green with some blue in it. Not a teal, by no means a turquoise but more of a fern or a jade. Maybe a hunch of army-green. Quite in general, it looks a lot better than most of the newest MB editions these days. And 35 Euros for the 50-ml cube... well, that's not as outrageous as a few other current MB ink prices....
Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)
Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:51
Outstanding review. I'm very tempted by this ink. Thanks!
Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:52
This is an awesome review, many thanks. I use the Jungle green ink in a Pelikan M400, initially with an M nib, now an F - I thought it would improve my appreciation of this ink! I am a bit bothered by the strong shading and I am glad to see it confirmed in your samples. I might prefer Herbin Vert Empire which I use in another FP, less washed-out, - or it might be the pen (a Duofold)! Having said that, it is a lovely bottle of ink on my desk, so I'll carry on using it! I might now try some of the inks you sampled above in comparison, thanks also for that !
Posted 23 September 2019 - 15:56
Your review of Montblanc Kipling Jungle is outstanding.
Thank you for expressing the positive qualities of this ink.
I've written with Kipling Jungle in two pens.
In both cases the results exceeded my expectations.
Your sketches, handwriting sample and images are an inspiration.
Posted 10 October 2019 - 17:34
I should hate this ink but now I'm KIND OF attracted to it?...
Posted 12 October 2019 - 14:27
What's happening !?? You liked Gris de houle, now this muted ink... You should detox with a vibrant colour soon, or the dark side will get you ;-)
I know! Haven't seen any vibrant new inks recently though!
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mont blanc, writers edition, jungle green, green
Writing Instruments →
Fountain & Dip Pens - First Stop →
Inks, Inc. →
Inky Thoughts →
Inks, Inc. →
Ink Reviews →
Brand Focus →
Regional Focus →
Italy - Europe →