Bought New Mb 146 Ebay Fake?

LouisDaigle

Last thing, the engraving seems a little less deep than on my other Mb.. a 146 Doue, 149 and another 146.. but it doesn't look cheap like I've seen on a fake where you see they spayd gold paint above the engraving .. and an engraving that doesn't have all the diagonal lines.. But still I was worried. If it's original, I had a pretty good deal.. :-) But I wanted to make sure everything was right before inking it! :-p

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LouisDaigle

• meiers

• CS388

• AndyLogan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG I'm ashamed.. as I've taken German in the past (language of my first ancester) and spoken it and written it.. lolll Thanks for the education anyway ;-)

Wir helfen gerne.

I am like you and would be extremely worried about fake Montblanc's from Ebay. Unless I was buying a vintage one before they began to fake them in mass. With that said, someone indicated that it is in fact genuine. As long as it writes beautifully and feels right, you have no worries :)! Be happy!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragements! I love this place. I'm feeling good about the pen now. Have inked it and it's writing like a Montblanc should so far. It's my fifth (I've lost one) and had been sold one fake (not on ebay) but that I was quickly able to threaten the crook that had sold me the (bleep) and was still selling more online. Anyway, he understood that I meant real business nwhen I said: "I WOULD find him and straighten him out. He reimbursed me instantly even before I shipped the pen back, he even paid for the shipping back. I guess I had been pretty convincing. So that was a good ending (not pleasant) but I saved the 300$.

If I might add my comments, nib looks like an older one, body like a newer.

Could it be that someone had this gem serviced at MB and they kept only the nob, whilst changing everything else?

Nib looks, being a bitone, gold and silver, like the ones from the transitional 146 or, even older one, see this:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/337490-dating-montblanc-146-legrand/

I hope I helped.

Cheers,

Gilberto Castañeda

If I might add my comments, nib looks like an older one, body like a newer.

Could it be that someone had this gem serviced at MB and they kept only the nob, whilst changing everything else?

Nib looks, being a bitone, gold and silver, like the ones from the transitional 146 or, even older one, see this:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/337490-dating-montblanc-146-legrand/

I hope I helped.

Cheers,

I just realized that the holes (to insert the tool to unscrew) are on each side of the nib.. Which would date it between 85 and 92 since it's a brass fitting at the piston.

Thanks for your input!

Edited by LouisDaigle

Am I the idiot here? or is this site a pain to export photos to??

you're not...

I've seen easier upload procedures...

nonetheless, the upload tab at the top is the recommended method, particularly if you upload the photos on the FPN server from your HD (which we all appreciate, since they will stay here and not depend on the photo uploading services which in the past have let a lot of people down and crippled many nice forums...)

you seemed to have managed ok, though!

you're not...

I've seen easier upload procedures...

nonetheless, the upload tab at the top is the recommended method, particularly if you upload the photos on the FPN server from your HD (which we all appreciate, since they will stay here and not depend on the photo uploading services which in the past have let a lot of people down and crippled many nice forums...)

you seemed to have managed ok, though!

Thanks for the info. I managed but a lot of the pics had to be cropped because the limit is 1,5 M and even the picture for my profile had to be ridiculously small. I don't understand all the ones that managed to have decent ones..

Thanks for the info. I managed but a lot of the pics had to be cropped because the limit is 1,5 M and even the picture for my profile had to be ridiculously small. I don't understand all the ones that managed to have decent ones..

I've also been struggling to upload pictures, what I'd do was send the pics to be email, in a smaller size, reload them to my computer, then upload them on here using my pc, never been able to post pictures using my phone. Plus at times the pictures turn out to be inverted or on its side, to which I no longer bother trying to correct because I uploaded it in the normal position.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

I've also been struggling to upload pictures, what I'd do was send the pics to be email, in a smaller size, reload them to my computer, then upload them on here using my pc, never been able to post pictures using my phone. Plus at times the pictures turn out to be inverted or on its side, to which I no longer bother trying to correct because I uploaded it in the normal position.

Yes Andy, thank you, I know I could do that, but I'm way too lazy :lticaptd: If posting becomes a job.. well... I'm outta time. It's sad 'cause I like interacting, and this place is a really nice spot on this planet. :D