The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Dialog 3 Ef (Expanding Long Term Review)

lamy dailog3 retractable nib ef architect

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:04

I was considering one of these pens, ended up going for the pilot VP, sold it and since I've tried a couple dialog 3s and I enjoyed them more than the VP in my hand. Great review

Thank you! The Dialog3 and the VP are both outstanding, high-quality pens. In the hand, they feel very different. The VP is a smaller, tapering pen whereas the Dialog is just a cylinder. And a heavy one at that. I'd expected the Dialog to be uncomfortable, but once I got used to it the pen just felt great. It's a really distinctive, unique writing instrument. I've never been able to bond with Lamy's classic models like the 2000, but the Dialog 3 ticks my boxes.

Sponsored Content

#22 WLSpec

WLSpec

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2019 - 22:40

I want one even more now...

Nice review! This seems like a fantastic pen.

-WLSpec

#23 TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:01

I want one even more now... Nice review! This seems like a fantastic pen.

It is, but try before you buy. Of all the people who tried mine, half went ‘Ugh!’, a quarter went ‘hmm, what’s this, then?’ and the rest was hooked before they even wrote with it.

#24 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:37

It is, but try before you buy. Of all the people who tried mine, half went ‘Ugh!’, a quarter went ‘hmm, what’s this, then?’ and the rest was hooked before they even wrote with it.

This, it's definitely a polarizing experience that I wouldn't recommend to everyone.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#25 TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:24

Why? Most people who tried mine are not fountain pen enthousiasts at all; most use cheap ballpoints or hardly write with pen and paper anymore. A lot of those find the Dialog to be too large, too heavy, too expensive, too cumbersome, etc. Some are intrigued (“on the fence”) and yes, some are immediately won over by its design. One person I know is totally into Bauhaus design and bought one simply because of that.

#26 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:32

I don't think you quite understood - I was agreeing with you.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#27 TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:33

:D

#28 RaviG

RaviG

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:44

I tried this pen in an exclusive Lamy shop. It wrote scratchy and I didn't look great. Sailor pens are better in terms of value for money.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, dailog3, retractable nib, ef, architect

Sponsored Content

|