The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Athena Brand Pens

athena eyedropper ink shut off vintage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GMJEbonobin

GMJEbonobin

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2019 - 13:53

Hi guys!

I found a seller on ebay that is selling some new old stock Athena brand pens. I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on them? Specifically I want to know if and/or when they started using eyedroppers with ink shut off (as that's kind I purchased)

Sponsored Content

#2 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2019 - 14:05

Athena is the inhouse brand of Maruzen... I'm not sure how you are getting new old stock but ok I do remember that Maruzen did get get some pens from Pilot that would evoke the good ol days of shut-off valve eye dropper pens I have to dig some of the topics I posted here

does the pen in question look like this?
iSHNglP.jpg

and I do believe that their pen fair Eboya pens are of the Cartridge/Converter variety

Edited by Algester, 20 September 2019 - 14:18.

#3 GMJEbonobin

GMJEbonobin

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2019 - 14:33

When I was doing research I was reading they were an old brand, I believe they've been around since the early 1900's and early on I don't think Maruzen owned the brand.. Of course I could be wrong. But I couldn't find any specific info or penography. The pens are supposedly from the 1950s (the one's in question, as well as the one I purchased) and so that's why I say nos, seller claims they're new unused. I purchased said pen because I wanted an eyedropper with ink-shut off for a lower price than a premium pen. Them being new and authentic would just be icing on the cake.

#4 GMJEbonobin

GMJEbonobin

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2019 - 14:37

And no the pen in question looks very different to that, has an vintage look to me, even has an old looking tag for 600¥

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: athena, eyedropper, ink shut off, vintage

Sponsored Content

|