The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Vac Mini: Where Does This O-Ring Go?

vacmini twsbi disassembly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sockmonkey

sockmonkey

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:07

Hi,

I took my Vac Mini apart for a thorough cleaning today and found an o-ring when emptying the tank of my cleaner. I have no idea where it goes, but I bet someone here does.

Any idea based on the attached photo?

Thanks!

20190919_105256.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Math1962

Math1962

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2019 - 17:29

Maybe on the top of the cap insert?

#3 sockmonkey

sockmonkey

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2019 - 18:55

From Philip Wang @ TWSBI:

Haha you know it actually looks like you have all the o-rings needed on the pen already.  That little one might just be an extra that was on the feeder holder.  There is normally two on the black feeder holder but you may have had a third extra one.  You can toss it or just keep it as a spare but you wont need to tack it back on.  It is not needed.

So I guess that's the answer! :-) I suspect that it came from the bottom part of the feed holder, but if it's not necessary, I'll just put it aside...

#4 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:28

From Philip Wang @ TWSBI:

So I guess that's the answer! :-) I suspect that it came from the bottom part of the feed holder, but if it's not necessary, I'll just put it aside...

That was my suspicion too - but good to have it from the manufacturer!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vacmini, twsbi, disassembly

Sponsored Content

|