The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twsbi Vac Mini New Rubber Plunger

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eharriett

eharriett

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2019 - 20:14

The rubber plunger gasket at the bottom of the stem of my vac mini is crazy loose making the pen almost unusable for sucking up ink. Can someone tell me what the proper rubber gasket down there should be?

Sponsored Content

#2 BDarchitect

BDarchitect

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:42

contact Philip Wang at twsbiinc@gmail.com.  He is the US rep for TWSBI and is very prompt to respond to customer parts needs.

#3 eharriett

eharriett

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2019 - 05:18

Thanks. Was kind of hoping for a local option. I really do not want to have to pay $3 s&h if it is a 30 cent part.

#4 BDarchitect

BDarchitect

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2019 - 19:09

At a certain point it is less an issue of what a small part costs to make and more a matter of what it is worth to you.  Without it, you have a pen that won't work.  For a small fee you can make it work again, which seems more important than a few dollars cost to get it.  That said, he may be very accommodating; I have found him so.  Certainly very responsive.  I emailed him once on a Sunday evening and got a response in ten minutes.

#5 AlexLeGrande

AlexLeGrande

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2019 - 19:19

I have also found Phillip prompt and accommodating, quickly responding to my emails and providing replacement parts for the cost of shipping. fo Perfection lies with the gods.  Here on earth, I am just grateful for remediation.

#6 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,857 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:24

Philip can be rude and weird, but he always takes care of the problem.

I've had to replace the seal in my vac700R as well (it got loose from over-use) and it was just a few bucks.

The part is proprietary. it's not a standard factory O ring, so you're gonna have to cough up a few bucks.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Sponsored Content

|