Recommendation For Fpn Friendly Paper From Costco/sams Club,...etc

samasry

Cheapest I know is from Amazon using Prime if you buy 6 REAMS, it is about $60.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Premium-Choice-LaserJet-Total/dp/B00006L358?th=1

So, before tax, just under $10 a ream.

The same link includes Premium 24, which is not the paper that I marked, but, 10 reams is $90, so, $9 a ream.

Decision time! :-)

Oh, and yes, you can buy it one ream at a time for a wee bit more cost!

Thank you Pitonyak, as I just mentioned in my previous post to 5Cavaliers, my two paper trials today and yesterday with Target paper and Epson 24 lb Bright Pro paper was not so great. The Epson paper was specially a big disappointment since one side of the page basically can not be used at all, it just absorbs ink and feathers with no control. I think the Target paper with standard surface finish is better than the smooth finish of the Epson, which shows you how much I knew before today.

I will be getting some HP paper soon, thanks for the great pointers today.

Edited by salmasry

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samasry

• pitonyak

• DrDebG

• WalterC

That was a amazing test and review!

This was the first time I have interacted with the fellow FPN member Pitonyak. I was impressed as a FPN network member with the quality of his review. On a personal (human) level, which is more important to me, I was really touched as a human being, with his kindness and being willing to help even if it meant staying past his bed time just to help a fellow human being. :thumbup:

This does not by any means imply that I am forgetting my dear 5Cavalaier and WalterC who provided very important feedback and helpful pointers. :thumbup:

Cheapest I know is from Amazon using Prime if you buy 6 REAMS, it is about $60.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Premium-Choice-LaserJet-Total/dp/B00006L358?th=1

So, before tax, just under $10 a ream.

The same link includes Premium 24, which is not the paper that I marked, but, 10 reams is $90, so, $9 a ream.

Decision time! :-)

Oh, and yes, you can buy it one ream at a time for a wee bit more cost!

Done, The 6 Reams of 32lb HP paper are on the way, will be delivered this Wed.

I had to follow this advice to the end :thumbup:

I am also following Cavaliers/WalterC advise as well, and still am on the lookout for a good deal on the HP 24lb, then she can mix and match and write on whaterver works for her.

Thank you all for the help

Done, The 6 Reams of 32lb HP paper are on the way, will be delivered this Wed.

I had to follow this advice to the end :thumbup:

I am also following Cavaliers/WalterC advise as well, and still am on the lookout for a good deal on the HP 24lb, then she can mix and match and write on whaterver works for her.

Thank you all for the help

The same link allowed you to order the 24 pound for $11.07 a ream in quantities of 1 (https://www.amazon.com/HP-Premium-Choice-LaserJet-Total/dp/B00006IDS1?th=1), and even less for 5 reams https://www.amazon.com/HP-Printer-Paper-Premium24-Letter/dp/B004HME07G for 5 reams.

I have spent a lot of time looking for suitable paper. It is difficult because they often change suppliers and formulas as I found out just this week looking for white legal pads. It also gave me an excuse to test some of the paper that I had sitting around. I have been using the 32 pound for years now with fountain pens. I had never tried the 24. The 24 listed above is labeled as Premium as opposed to multi-purpose, but it seems unlikely that it will make a significant difference, I think they simply rebranded it, but I do not know for certain.

Tip hat to Cavaliers and WalterC since I learned something reading their posts.

A friendly group here.

The same link allowed you to order the 24 pound for $11.07 a ream in quantities of 1 (https://www.amazon.com/HP-Premium-Choice-LaserJet-Total/dp/B00006IDS1?th=1), and even less for 5 reams https://www.amazon.com/HP-Printer-Paper-Premium24-Letter/dp/B004HME07G for 5 reams.

I have spent a lot of time looking for suitable paper. It is difficult because they often change suppliers and formulas as I found out just this week looking for white legal pads. It also gave me an excuse to test some of the paper that I had sitting around. I have been using the 32 pound for years now with fountain pens. I had never tried the 24. The 24 listed above is labeled as Premium as opposed to multi-purpose, but it seems unlikely that it will make a significant difference, I think they simply rebranded it, but I do not know for certain.

Tip hat to Cavaliers and WalterC since I learned something reading their posts.

A friendly group here.

I have not ordered the 24lb from that link, as it was better value to get the 32 lb.

I am still working on how to source 24lb or 28lb HP below the 10$/ream being charged by amazon for the 32 lb. If it is not possible, then I will stick with the 32lb.

Hopefully amazon does not damage the paper during shipping as few inks shipped by them in envelopes lately, specially Iroshizuku arrived damaged with broken caps :D

Got the 32lb on Wed

It is Manna from Heaveniola. Thank ya all for the help and suggestions

How did I live my life without this paper, I could never understand.

Now, on to the failed others: HammerMill from Staples. There was some review here on FPN singing its praises few years ago, so I assumed it is good.

The paper does not feather in the normal sense, however somehow is able to make the line twice as wide, but uniformly :lticaptd:

It bleeds like the devil to the other side, so it is completely useless as 2 sided paper.

I now have a lot more respect for Target and Walmart, somehow they are able to source cheaper and better paper than paper at twice the price from Fuji and Hammermill

Edited by salmasry