The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Onoto No 50 For Outrageous Price.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cris56

Cris56

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:11

An Australian eBay seller: micksells (185) has an Onoto No 50 rose/ black marble fountain pen Item No 323771930554 advertised for AUD$ 730.00 + 14.50 or near offer on eBay Australia. The photos shown are of poor quality and not much information is given about the condition of the pen. After I managed to pick myself off the floor, I sent him an offer of AUD$ 20.00 as a joke. Considering I picked up a No 50 fountain pen and pencil in mint condition( all the fountain pen needed was a new sac, which it now has.) for AUD$ 50 a month ago I thought he was slightly out of touch with reality. The offer expired and I received no reply at all. What do you think people ? Cris.

Edited by Cris56, 13 September 2019 - 13:15.

Words flowing from the soul and conveyed to paper, require the touch of a fountain pens soft carress.Distinct and individual like a lovers touch.

Sponsored Content

#2 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:26

He can charge what he wants, and there are a good few sellers on ebay who are well known for their high price business model. 

You have a choice as to whether to give time of day to his offer. Personally, I always skip over the sellers referred to above, as I do those who list with an undeclared reserve price.

Sounds like this pen is above the threshold of what is reasonably achieveable - £360 in real money ;-).

To me the real irritation is that the next guy with a beat up Onoto 50 will google the item, see this asking price, and think it is a reasonably achieveable target... the cycle continues.  

#3 praxim

praxim

still on twig

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,068 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:46

It also claims a 9ct nib, not something I have seen on an Onoto but possible. One can not verify this from the appalling photographs.

100% feedback.

Hmm.

edit: I made an offer also. Mine was $19.99 so not to start a bidding war with Cris56 ;). Well, actually it was $17.24 but that is because he has over-stated the postage cost so I had to compensate.

Edited by praxim, 13 September 2019 - 10:02.

#4 Cris56

Cris56

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:32

Funny about that mate, I thought about getting brown arms and offering $ 19.00 for a second offer for a lark. Glad you had a go too. Cheers Cris.
Words flowing from the soul and conveyed to paper, require the touch of a fountain pens soft carress.Distinct and individual like a lovers touch.

Sponsored Content

|