The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Information On Joining A Pelikan Hub?

pelikan hub

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rdugar

rdugar

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 13:10

I just found out from another post here about the existence of these events. This year's is on September 20 at 6:30 PM.

https://www.pelikan-hubs.com/

Any experience with these? It seems (according to the facebook page) that the registration closed in June. If someone can tell me how to join in to the ones around Washington DC, that will be great. I suppose for security reasons, they don't mention the location, but very small number of participants.

I'd like to go, but there don't seem to be links to register.  In this day and age of meetups, and flashmobs, and rapid organization, why the need to close registration for an event 3 months in advance? ( Are they giving out a free Stresemann to everyone ?  ;)  ).

Sorry that slid into a rant..... (Missed the DC pen show....)

Sponsored Content

#2 rdugar

rdugar

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 14:18

I just found out from another post here about the existence of these events. This year's is on September 20 at 6:30 PM.

https://www.pelikan-hubs.com/

Any experience with these? It seems (according to the facebook page) that the registration closed in June. If someone can tell me how to join in to the ones around Washington DC, that will be great. I suppose for security reasons, they don't mention the location, but very small number of participants.

I'd like to go, but there don't seem to be links to register.  In this day and age of meetups, and flashmobs, and rapid organization, why the need to close registration for an event 3 months in advance? ( Are they giving out a free Stresemann to everyone ?  ;)  ).

Sorry that slid into a rant..... (Missed the DC pen show....)

Just found out using the facebook group, that the sign up ended because they have a bunch of giveaways that must have been shipped. Might go anyway if they let me.

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,907 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2019 - 15:12

Yeah, unfortunately signups for the Hubs ended a couple of months ago.  I think that the Pittsburgh Hubmaster mentioned at the last regular Steel City Nibs meeting that someone had contacted him after the deadline too.  So that person will get to come and eat (ours is at the church of one of the club members, like last year's Hub, and is a potluck) but can't have any of the swag that Pelikan sends out.  I just got around to signing up for the potluck spreadsheet a couple of days ago; my husband found out that he is allergic to bell peppers and paprika (and *possibly* some hot peppers as well -- although they are a slightly different sub-species), so I don't get much opportunity to make potato salad anymore (the secret ingredient in my recipe -- which I got from my mom, more or less, and she in turn got it from BOTH my grandmothers -- is a tiny bit of Tabasco Sauce).  So my husband can't eat it.  :( 

Yikes!  Just realized that the Hub is in just over a week.  And I'm going be spending the weekend and a good chunk of next week running around like a chicken without a head -- and that's BEFORE I go shopping for the potato salad fixings....  :headsmack:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA:  I suppose you could try to contact the DC Hubmaster and see if you can just go and hang out, even if you can't get any of the goodies Pelikan sends through...

Edited by inkstainedruth, 12 September 2019 - 15:15.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, hub

Sponsored Content

|