The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Replacement Golden Arrow For Parker 61

parker 61

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 InvisibleInk

InvisibleInk

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:16

Hello everybody

I am trying to find either a replacement or exact drawings with dimensions for the golden arrow missing from a Parker 61.  Any idea where I can find such item?

thanks

Sponsored Content

#2 Ron Z

Ron Z

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:13

No drawings around that I know of, and the arrows in general, let alone gold ones, are really hard to find now....

I asked around about having a die made so that I could punch them myself, but reached the conclusion that the cost for the die would be hard to recover, even before adding the cost of the gold plated sheet stock.

banner200.jpg
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

#3 Joane

Joane

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 13:00

With a photo and a 61 in hand, a friend of mine was able to get a replacement made by a local jeweler.
Happiness is a real Montblanc...

#4 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,555 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 13:15

With a photo and a 61 in hand, a friend of mine was able to get a replacement made by a local jeweler.

Thats remarkable. I have had these arrows/darts become detached in the past and refitting them into the hood has always been an ordeal, never been 100% happy with the result because any adhesive has tended to lift the dart our of the recess.

Straight roads do not make skilled drivers

#5 jchch1950

jchch1950

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 15:32

Gold or gold plated?

#6 InvisibleInk

InvisibleInk

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2019 - 16:55

If one had the exact dimensions making a fairly good copy is not impossible or prohibitly expensive.  If any of the forum members would be kind enough to make a pencil trace or at least take a good photos of the arrow from the top it would help everybody.

These days with 3d printing many solutions are easier to achieve.  One could make a 3d print and have it gold plated or even painted.

I have even bought several Chinese fountains pens with similar arrow trying to stick their arrow on the pen, but they are not the same shape or size.  (oddly enough those pens turned out to be very good if not excellent writers, shape to break them really).

#7 Joane

Joane

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 16:55

Gold or gold plated?

I think he got it in gold.
Happiness is a real Montblanc...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker 61

Sponsored Content