• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sombrueil

• carlos.q

• XYZZY

• wallylynn

how about Rhodia rhodiarama goalbook

they come in about 20 different colours

I had not seen these, they must be new. Good suggestion, although the ones that are blank are kind of scarce, and they do have all these 'planning' pages that are useless to me.

how about Rhodia rhodiarama goalbook

they come in about 20 different colours

The paper quality of these Rhodia goalbooks is not the same as the webnotebook. I bought one and it was not FP friendly. :(

The paper quality of these Rhodia goalbooks is not the same as the webnotebook. I bought one and it was not FP friendly. :(

:( :( :(

Why is it that the pretty, hardbound blank books all have crapola paper? I'm looking at you, Paperblanks. Grrr.

that's good to know - at cult pens they are identified as being ideal for journals - but i have not yet used one myself

it states 90gsm vellum paper by clairefontaine

Edited by foreignexport

Boy, I can feel your pain.....I’ve been on that journey for many years. Can’t count how many different books i’ve Tried. After getting really frustrated and spending a lot of money, it hit me that

Maybe writing with fountain pen is a three legged stood. Ink, pen and paper. I decided to make pen and ink match my paper. Journaling became a system, not just a book i write in..

Long and short of it is i use hard cover Leuchtturm1917 for journals. Nicer paper than Rhodia. Cream color paper, with a light dot print. A big feature for me deciding on these, was Page Numbers. When there is an event i want to be able to go back to, i make a note of the item and page number in the back of the book. I find this really valuable. I added a nice leather cover.

I had my perfect Journal and then had to adapt my pen and ink to the paper.

I switched all my Journaling pens over to fine and extra fine nibs. They are all wet writers putting down a thin but saturated ink line. I weeded out a few of the very wet inks to avoid bleed through.

That’s my journey. It may not work for you, but maybe you’ll find an idea out of my system that you can use.

Good luck. Let us know what you finally decide on. If you come up with a better system I’m ready to learn.

Have you considered making one yourself? That sort of casebound, signature-sewn notebook is not terribly difficult to make if you are a bit handy, and it may open up your paper choices a little.

I dare to be different , if you write as daily need Fine or EF and not really trying to paint with ink , then one of Muji's Recycled Paper book bind Journal ( those with a ribbon bookmark ) can be had in multiple size including A5 , they come in cream and blank ; I had no trouble with FM and M nib on them with my usual Iron Gall Blue Black. I use them with a fabric book cover that's of course 3rd party. An A6 is one I carry in my travel pack ( for short business trip ) . Muji's got several grade of notebook and except for the cheapest, they tend to work well with fountain pen. They have better heavier stock notebook, the wire bound dot grid with a elastic bungee closure is particularly good

The other one I would recommendis the Maruman Report Pad Type W, that's the blanck page type , they comes in 60g weight A4 ( 50P ), B5 ( 50P ) and A5 ( 40P ) its colored light light cream , you can say its white but its actually very faint cream.

I am noting all these suggestions!

I may indeed start making my own journals at some point. I like making things as long as they are not mechanical. Leuchtturm makes lovely books but their paper ghosts and sometimes even bleeds through as I write with flexible nibs. I now have acquired a couple others to try, Endless Recorder and Taroko Design, have not written in them yet. The adventure continues!

TWSBI

A good review of it here: http://earnestward.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-penmens-journals-twsbi.html

Tomoe River paper but seems it is the thin stuff which for me shows a lot of ghosting (but no bleed through). It does only come in black (bearable) and is soft cover, which I do not prefer, but it seems a worthy option at a very good price point.

A good review of it here: http://earnestward.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-penmens-journals-twsbi.html

Tomoe River paper but seems it is the thin stuff which for me shows a lot of ghosting (but no bleed through). It does only come in black (bearable) and is soft cover, which I do not prefer, but it seems a worthy option at a very good price point.

After 8 years of buying journals, TWSBI is my all around favorite, especially in the bang for buck category. Ticks all the boxes for me, and under $20. That's my kind of journal. Edited by TSherbs