The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Is It Worth Restoring ? Amlico 314, John Hancock

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shalitha33

shalitha33

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:02

I have ended up with a badly beaten up pen marked as "Amlico - 314" while buying a lot for a waterman ink-vue.  Pen had the John Hancock nib and is badly discolored. End cap is cracked and the (blue colored ?) ring between the end cap and the barrel is missing. Also the threads have a broken bit. Feed is secured to the body using a pin. I am unsure how to take this pin out :(.

Last copper cartridge it used is stuck and the end bit is broken off. I am assuming its the wrong size for this pen. Nib is also bent but the tipping looks fine. I don't know if its worth trying to save this one. Even if i get the broken cartridge out and have the nib straightened, i will have to get a new end cap and a cartridge  made to get it working. 

I don't know how common these pens are. I am assuming they are fairly common and this one is not worth the effort. 

fpn_1568177863__img_2404.jpg

fpn_1568177912__img_2405.jpg

fpn_1568177937__img_2406.jpg

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|