The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Repairs For Writers' Editions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:51

Hi all,

Has anyone ever dealt with Montblanc Service for fixing a limited edition writers' edition pen?  My Poe has a dent in the cap.  

mo31ge8.jpg

My only experience with Montblanc service in the past was when I had Montblanc "fix" one of the original Noir et Noir Boheme pens a few years ago, but in doing so, they were unable to preserve the original cap ring that made the pen unique, which made me sort of sad.  I wasn't terribly pleased with that change, but understood that was the best they could do with the parts they now have on hand.

Just wondering how Montblanc handles these discontinued writers' editions and whether they can fix the cap dent on my Poe, and if so, how much it would cost (would it be Level 1 or something else)?

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.) 

Sponsored Content

#2 meiers

meiers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,546 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:09

Writers edition pens are usually repaired in Hamburg. The service department in Canada has told me that Montblanc will, in most cases, not address cosmetic issues and that repairing a limited edition pen means getting it to write and function properly. I would confirm this with MB service.

Edited by meiers, 11 September 2019 - 10:46.

#3 drgriz

drgriz

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2019 - 02:11

The cost will be out of this world.  I sent a crushed Hemingway (clip was only thing salvageable)  and the cost estimate came back at $2400 as they have to remake all of the parts.  If I recall correct, the remake the Hemingway top it was $250.00.

#4 PenTieRun

PenTieRun

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2019 - 15:12

Ive had WEs pistons relubricated at the Texas service center, but thats all. Long standing policy that Ive read many times is that they only restore WEs to normal writing conditions without concern for cosmetic/aesthetic appearance as a previous poster mentioned.

Sponsored Content

|