The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Currently Produced Scottish Pens Or Inks?

scotland ink

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 essayfaire

essayfaire

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 22:15

Family member just moved to Scotland - are there any Scottish pens or inks that are hard to find outside the U.K.?  Not yard-o-led expensive, either.  Thanks for any suggestions!

“It's bad enough wasting time without killing it.”
Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

Sponsored Content

#2 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2019 - 20:20

Vintage items - De La Rue went into hiding up north for a while ;-)

and produced a few interestingly named models - I have one called "The Southern Scot" 

#3 Aislingean

Aislingean

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:53

I do not know of any industrial productions that are current but there is a long association of pens and Scotland 
Onoto / TDLR were at  Strathendry works, Leslie in Fife and when they moved production there was a lot of stock  in the local area. I know of one shoe-box of parts that is in the attic of a friend in Montrose and someday I hope it will be mine.
The other name associated with Scotland is synonymous with the rhyme ....
They come as a boon and a blessing to men,
the Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley Pen.
The famous advertising slogan of
 Macniven and Cameron Ltd., later known as Waverley Cameron Ltd the stationers in Edinburgh who also made items named  "Phaeton", "Nile", "Hindoo" and "Commercial"

Edited by Aislingean, 10 September 2019 - 09:01.

#4 effandpee

effandpee

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2019 - 17:58

Arent Namisu Scottish? Easily available outside the UK, though...

#5 essayfaire

essayfaire

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2019 - 18:17

I do not know of any industrial productions that are current but there is a long association of pens and Scotland 
Onoto / TDLR were at  Strathendry works, Leslie in Fife and when they moved production there was a lot of stock  in the local area. I know of one shoe-box of parts that is in the attic of a friend in Montrose and someday I hope it will be mine.
The other name associated with Scotland is synonymous with the rhyme ....
They come as a boon and a blessing to men,
the Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley Pen.
The famous advertising slogan of
 Macniven and Cameron Ltd., later known as Waverley Cameron Ltd the stationers in Edinburgh who also made items named  "Phaeton", "Nile", "Hindoo" and "Commercial"

This is a fabulous way for me to pass along some names without having to supply a list.  Thank you!

“It's bad enough wasting time without killing it.”
Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scotland, ink

Sponsored Content

|