The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Asc (Armando Simoni Club) Delivery Times?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 bebox

bebox

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:42

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with ASC Pens delivery times?

I bought a new pen with them August 2nd and it's still listed as "unfulfilled".

Sent them an email a week ago, but haven't received an answer.

I get that Summer holidays in Italy are long, and thus it may take longer to ship a product.

But no feedback at all and not answering emails irks me...

Is this normal should I just wait it out?

Thanks for reading...

Sponsored Content

#2 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 13:49

From Italian pen maker,for example like Aurora,abnormal things are normal..! :o  :(

#3 Seney724

Seney724

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 15:38

You might wish to do a search of the posts on FPN from the past year or so.....there has been a lot written here about this Company's poor communication and customer service.

And, their poor quality control too.

I hope everything works out well for you!  Please keep us updated.

#4 bebox

bebox

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 15:49

Thanks, I kind knew what I was getting into with Italian Companies, but this pen was too hard to resist :)

I'll drop them another email and will keep you posted.

#5 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 16:53

You might wish to do a search of the posts on FPN from the past year or so.....there has been a lot written here about this Company's poor communication and customer service.

And, their poor quality control too.

I hope everything works out well for you!  Please keep us updated.

+1

#6 Seney724

Seney724

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 17:57

Thanks, I kind knew what I was getting into with Italian Companies, but this pen was too hard to resist :)

I'll drop them another email and will keep you posted.

ASC is a USA based Company operating out of Miami, Florida.

#7 dapprman

dapprman

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 20:17

ASC is a USA based Company operating out of Miami, Florida.

Pens made in Italy, originally by Leonardo, now by Visconti, and owned by a Greek (I think Manu is Greek - happy to be corrected).

#8 Seney724

Seney724

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 20:27

If your line of thinking is correct then, likewise, Apple is a Chinese company.

ASC's business and corporate base is in Miami, Florida USA.  Yes, the pens may be manufactured in Italy but ASC is a US company.

#9 bebox

bebox

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 21:31

Oh interesting, I thought they were still an Italian operation.

I've just got an answer via email. The second one seems to have worked.

They told me that they will start shipping them after next week, so shouldn't take too long  :)

Thanks all you for your help.

•  

#10 dapprman

dapprman

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 23:22

If your line of thinking is correct then, likewise, Apple is a Chinese company.

ASC's business and corporate base is in Miami, Florida USA.  Yes, the pens may be manufactured in Italy but ASC is a US company.

Because people were suggesting the lack of repsonce and their poor reputation for prompt customer support or QC was down to the sterotyping of Italians, which is not too dissimilar to the stereotyping for Greeks.  Location of the head office has nothing to do with it.  As to Apple, as far as the US tax man is concerned they are a Dublin based company ;)

#11 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:43

bebox, may I ask which ASC pen are you interested in getting if you don't mind? If you must deal with ASC, it would be sensible to buy through a retailer, many have good reputation and do take care of their customers. You would probably get a better service from the retail than dealing direct.

#12 bebox

bebox

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:03

bebox, may I ask which ASC pen are you interested in getting if you don't mind? If you must deal with ASC, it would be sensible to buy through a retailer, many have good reputation and do take care of their customers. You would probably get a better service from the retail than dealing direct.

Hi Como,

I've bought the Bologna Extra Arco Brown, I guess it's one of the models that is harder to find (has more demand).

Any good Retailers for ASC that you can recommend?

#13 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 14:09

From Switzerland i’ve bought from Marco of Novelli, very happy with his service. He probably deals directly with Salvatore or whoever makes ASC pens in Italy, instead of the Miami based Manu.

Hi Como,
I've bought the Bologna Extra Arco Brown, I guess it's one of the models that is harder to find (has more demand).
Any good Retailers for ASC that you can recommend?

#14 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 14:16

bebox, I wasn’t aware that ASC has any Bologna Extra Arco Brown for sale. I thought they had just the Arco Medio.

#15 Seney724

Seney724

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 15:11

Given the significant quality control issues with ASC pens, I think como's suggestion that you make your purchase through someone like Marco is a very good one.

This way, if you encounter any issues with your pen, you will deal with Marco and not ASC.  Marco's communication and customer service is first class.  ASC's communication and customer service has been widely recognized to be quite poor.

Good luck!

#16 bebox

bebox

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:08

Como, they had a few more for sale (limited stock), and I jumped at the opportunity :)

Seney724, thanks, I'll keep Marco from Novelli in mind, for my next purchase. But they had the pen I wanted, and I jumped on the opportunity, a bit like a headless chicken, probably.

I'll keep you updated

Edited by bebox, 09 September 2019 - 10:08.

#17 Seney724

Seney724

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:36

So it is with our hobby.  Sometimes when an opportunity presents itself we must make a very quick decision or it passes us by......

:)

Good luck.  We are all hoping for a great outcome bebox.  Let us know!

Edited by Seney724, 09 September 2019 - 10:36.

#18 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:50

bebox: Good luck! Please keep us posted how it turns out  :). Out of the ASC lines, the Bologna Extra in Arco Brown is my favorite.

#19 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,388 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 18:39

Novelli are fantastic, btw.

And I wouldn't lump Aurora in with ASC on quality control or customer service. I've been an Aurora customer for years, own many of their pens, and have only had excellent experience with them. Their pens rival the best for reliability, and they have been eager and willing to remedy any issues I may have had.  

Too many pens; too little writing.

#20 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 September 2019 - 21:41

I've been an Aurora customer for years, own many of their pens, and have only had excellent experience with them. Their pens rival the best for reliability, and they have been eager and willing to remedy any issues I may have had.  

mongrelnomad You are lucky guy...there has been a lot written in website about this Company' (Aurora) poor communication and customer service. ;) 

Sponsored Content

|