[Lamy Service Center] They Send Me A New Pen Instead Of Repair With 0$ :d

tanjialee333

Remember 2 month ago I start a thread to send my lamy pen back to Germany for repair? It's was a decision against naysayer doubters. But I won with, faith,

I have 2 lamy 2000 both encountered damaged, one I buy the barrel spare part from China, and one I sent back to Germany. Because I cannot put 2 eggs in one basket, yes you will tell me that I am very smart for yes, yes i admit i am if you ask me like that.

Regarding question sending my pen back to germany :https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/347600-things-need-to-be-prepare-when-sending-lamy-pen-back-to-factory-for-a-repair/?view=findpost&p=4224842

Buying a new barrel from China (100% original): https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/348061-bought-a-new-lamy-2000-barrel-from-china-taobao/?view=findpost&p=4231108

Pictures of my new pen:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGJqK9s

CROSSING THE RIVER BY FEELING OF THE STONE- Deng Xiao Ping

I broke my first Lamy 2000 nibs 2 years ago (my first gold fountain pen), and then I bought a new one. I want to repair this pen for a long time, but I have no time to deal with this due to schoolwork. At first, I don't know where to send the pen for repair, because I'm staying in Malaysia. I asked my local Lamy center, but they're very strict to follow the standard protocols and keep asking me for sending the pen first. Actually, I want to ask the price for replacement of the barrel and nib, they reply to me they're unable to give me a quoted price and only after full inspections. I was kind of lazy because if the repair costs will be 3/4 of the entire new pen, I rather choose not to repair and buy a new one, but they refuse to tell me, no to mention I also afraid overcharge, as I'm a student. 1f603.png?_nc_eui2=AeEnxkWAUqjId7E3pKmSb :D

Then decided to send my pen to Germany for a repair. It seems funny when the post office staffs doubt me why to want to send a pen to Germany for repair, even my mum says probably the pen will not return after I hand over the pen to them. I just say I will give a try because I already had another pen, if this won't return to me, its fine, I will move on.

But secretly, by using the law of attraction with faith. I've undescribable confidence comes from my innate intelligence they will, and for sure, repair the pen for me.

I sent them the damaged lamy2000 without the nib because it's bent and impossible to repair, the piston drive also is damaged. I guess they gave up repair the pen eventually, after seeing such terrible conditions, because it is, very, very heavily and severely damaged and they gave me a new pen instead of disappointing me. I wrote them a very beautiful letter ,2 pages ( beautiful letter is the word I lend from Donald Trump when he told media he received a very 'beautful letter' from Rocketman) the story of how I broke the pen and the cost for the repair, the letters are full of grammatical error for sure, as I'm not native English speaker, but the letter is sincere even in the letter I admitted I have dissembled the pen for cleaning purpose.

P/S: I rewrite the letter for 5-6 times, this technique I learned from Dan Lok, 1-2 are draft by pencils.

I learned that being sincere and honest all the time is the best policy, people will feel that because we as a human being are in a frequency state, even I wrote them a crappy English letter

So my cost is around 9USD for shipping my pen from Malaysia to Germany.

shipping cost: 9USD

Repair cost: 0

Return cost: 0

Subtotal: 9

Duration: 1 month and half

Germans are nice and cute, no doubt. Probably after this, I should only buy Lamy pens instead of other brands.

Danke schoon!!!!!!!

Edited by tanjialee333

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tamiya

• tanjialee333

• austollie

• Glenn-SC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I told them the story to my local service center, I receive juicy reply from them. Sounds like I marry the wrong wife? huhpost-151526-0-94112400-1567689336.png

:-)

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• 2 weeks later...

Lamy service is one of the best in the market. I have sent a Lamy 2000 with broken section, they replaced the whole pen, including cap, except the nib for me. No question asked, not even asked for a receipt.

Pilot did very similar, although Pilot always blamed me for improper use. They did repair without asking for receipt or a penny.

The worst in the market is Chartpak of Pelikan. Hard to reach, too many tricks to play to get a pen repaired. Just like to get warranty service from old day Sony.

• 1 month later...

Lamy service in the USA is amazing. I purchased the 2000 pictured below about 10 years ago. It has been to Lamy repair in the US a couple of times for a broken fill mechanism and a crack in the barrel, and the last time they replaced every part except for the cap and nib which I had professionally tuned. I am awaiting a second 2000 as I write this, exceptional pen in every regard.

post-30197-0-20029900-1573138488_thumb.jpg

Good to know about Lamy's customer service (although I haven't had a problem with either my Safari or my LX). I did have a problem with the converter on the the LX, but apparently those can be taken apart. And if I can't get it back together, well, I'm only out $5 for a replacement converter.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have always found the CS to be stellar. Glad to hear another successful resolution.

Enjoy your new pen. thumbup.gif

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

My experience with Lamy warranty repairs is a bit more nuanced. My Lamy 2000 pencil failed after less than a year. I contacted Lamy and they gave me an address to send it to. The person there rang me, addressed the issue (new mechanism) and promptly returned the mechanical pencil. I even got the option to change from 0.5mm to 0.7mm (which I did not take up). All good so far.

The problem that I had was with getting my postage refunded. The Australian Lamy website clearly stated that postage and packaging would be reimbursed for a warranty repair (as consumer law requires, as I understand it). I ended up corresponding at length about a small amount, before I finally received my refund. I got the impression that Lamy would have preferred me to forget about the postage.

Would I buy Lamy products again? Yes absolutely (I am a fan), but I am still not impressed about having to assert my rights.

Probably a real PITA for HQ minion to have to raise a cash chit and get it endorsed in triplicate then reapproved by Germany :P if u can imagine stereotypical corporate obsfuscation.

If I ever had a warranty claim I'd just pass it through a friendly local pen shop. He'd pass it to the Lamy rep on his next regular round if it needed sending to HQ; minor problems where he happens to have parts on hand he might often get authorisation to fix on the spot.

Probably a real PITA for HQ minion to have to raise a cash chit and get it endorsed in triplicate

I think that you've hit the nail on the head with that statement. I'm sure that's the reason for the reticence to refund postage. The value of the time taken up effecting the refund far exceeds the value of the postage (as indeed did the value of my time arguing the postage refund exceed the value of the postage that I recovered) so it's economically efficient for the vendor to 'forget' about the postage. The answer? I think that if in lieu of a postage refund, Lamy offered to provide a choice of pencil leads, erasers or fountain pen cartridges, most people (and certainly I) would be fine with that. It's not about a couple of bucks for postage. It's about recognition that postage costs were incurred through no fault of the customer.

Anyhow, I hope I don't come across as a whinger, because I love Lamy products and I am happy with how Lamy customer service looked after me, when mildly pressed.

Well freebies are always nice. :)

These days, it's hard to decide whether some people/businesses are simply unthinking dimbulbs, uncaring lifeless souls or simply have no concept of "do unto others as you'd like to be done by".

No, instead of giving you just an address to send into ideally they should've either sent you a prepaid box or provided a Reply Paid address. No trusting their staff with the pettycash tin, APost account would leave paper trail for the beancounters.

Simples ;)

Great story about their customer service. I own the 2000 family of FP, BP and propelling pencil and have used them for years now without any issue so far. The comments here about Lamy’s customer service reassures me.

I also have a MB Le Grand BP and Heritage 1912 FP and also have been using them for years now. I once brought in the BP back to my local MB service centre and they shipped it back for me to Germany just for the top barrel replacement due to change of engraving. Replacement process was great and returned to me within 2 weeks.

Not sure if it’s about customer service in Germany that’s pleasant but overall world class. :D

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

Several years ago I sent back a relatively new platinum CP-1 ballpoint that I had dropped on concrete and severely bent the push mechanism and barrel, rendering the pen unusable. I honestly told them what happened and offered to pay for repairs. Within the month, they sent a new pen to my dealer with no charge, the dealer even took care of the postage! I have purchased many more Lamys since then.

Secundum Artem