The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Leonardo Officina Italiana Pens As Cheap As I've Ever Seen

leonardo momento zero pen chalet

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2019 - 20:49

Some Leonardo Momento Zero fountain pens are being offered for as low as US$106.47 at Pen Chalet right now. (Remember to apply a discount code that gives you 10% off site-wide. More power to you if you have access to a discount code that does even better than that!)

Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. I believe we're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but no shared values and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking, we're friends

'6 Underground' by Sneaker Pimps

Sponsored Content

#2 peroride

peroride

Write now, enjoy pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2019 - 21:34

thank you @A Smug Dill

Swoon... 

I feel the opiatic dopamine effects of lustrous Italian acrylic  :P

#3 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,761 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2019 - 23:04

Some Leonardo Momento Zero fountain pens are being offered for as low as US$106.47 at Pen Chalet right now. (Remember to apply a discount code that gives you 10% off site-wide. More power to you if you have access to a discount code that does even better than that!)

This post cost me a fair bit! They also has the Pilot 100th Anniversary inks on sale. Trouble

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#4 carlos.q

carlos.q

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,730 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2019 - 23:12

Dang! And to think that I just blew my pen budget for the rest of the year... :(

#5 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 2,718 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:50

I spoke with Savannah at Endless Pens a little earlier, and prompted her and Michael to drop their prices to beat Pen Chalet soundly. No Extra Fine nibs available, though (except on the Leonardo Momento Zero Blue Hawaii, but I already have one of those), so I didn't end up buying one, but I'm sure there are many of you here who'd be happy with Fine and Medium nibs, and doubly so being able to pick up a new Leonardo Momento Zero for under US$100.

Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. I believe we're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but no shared values and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative.

#6 JohnUphill

JohnUphill

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:58

Thanks to this heads up I think I just snagged their last Positano stub. My resolve to buy no more pens until the new year lasted six days.

#7 nmatell

nmatell

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:58

Yeah I got their email about labor day sale & saw that. Picked up the blue Hawaii right away. Checked later on in the day & everything sold out other than blacks. Wasn't planning on getting one for a while but at that price I had to pull the trigger. Bought in medium with plan to make it a cursive italic.

#8 City74

City74

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:09

For some reason the blue Hawaii is $125 and the others are $95. I thot they were all the same price except for the gold nibs of course

#9 nmatell

nmatell

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:18

Seems like the very basic resins are cheaper & the nicer more complex ones are a bit more

#10 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 2,718 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2019 - 07:24

Seems like the very basic resins are cheaper & the nicer more complex ones are a bit more

The "first generation" products (Dark Horn, Blue Positano, etc.) were priced more cheaply to begin with, and didn't go up in price when the later products with different acrylics were added to the catalogue, as far as I remember. Personally I think the Dark Horn is nicer looking than the Pietra Marina, which came later and has more colours.

#11 avlisyar

avlisyar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:23

I'm boring and on a Black Pen kick, so I picked up a Matte Black in Medium.

#12 woleizihan

woleizihan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 September 2019 - 22:48

I bought one matte black and one hawaii from Endlesspens for $220 shipped. Just got the pens today and I'm very happy with the purchase.

#13 nmatell

nmatell

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2019 - 21:30

Mine just came in at the start of the week and its a great looking pen.  The colors are amazing, looks like its faceted from all the different colors combined together.  Took a couple pics, one with sunlight to show the sparkle it has.  The nib writes very smooth with the right amount of wetness.  The build quality & manufacturing methods/decisions on a few bits could be improved a bit.  But most importantly it writes very well and I enjoy using the pen.  Just as a reference the medium nib is pretty much identical to a Jinhao X750 broad.  

https://www.dropbox....28_HDR.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox....0648~2.jpg?dl=0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leonardo, momento zero, pen chalet

Sponsored Content

|