The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Identifying An Early Parker

parker jack knife #2 #6 lucky curve button filler

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iconoclast

iconoclast

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2019 - 00:44

Hi all,

I picked up an old Parker button filler at a flea market recently and I can't figure out what it is. https://parkerpens.n....html#jackknife This makes me think its a Jack Knife, but I really have no idea. Can anyone give me any background info?

In case you can't see the (ridiculously huge, sorry) photos, here are a few details:

• It has a 2 imprinted on the blind cap. Just 2, nothing else.
  • The nib says PARKER PEN MADE IN USA with the number 6.
  • It has a lucky curve imprint on the barrel with a long string of numbers I can't make sense of. 
  • It's longer and slimmer than a Duofold Jr.

Thanks in advance! 

fpn_1567125289__compare.jpg

fpn_1567125438__barrel.jpg

fpn_1567125373__nib.jpg

fpn_1567125357__clip.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,082 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:55

Parker DQ (Duofold Quality) pen from the 1920s. The lined body is the clue here. Is the other orange pen a Junior Duofold!?
Khan M. Ilyas

#3 iconoclast

iconoclast

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:33

Parker DQ (Duofold Quality) pen from the 1920s. The lined body is the clue here. Is the other orange pen a Junior Duofold!?

Ahh, that's great! Thanks for the info. 

Yes, the other is a Jr. I picked it up at the same flea market. $5 for both  :D I haven't done any research or dating on that particular Duofold Jr, though. Anything you can tell me from the photo? It looks like it's from pre-date coding era.

#4 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,082 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2019 - 16:23

The flat top Junior is from 1928 / post-1928 when the two thin cap bands were introduced in place of the one wide cap band.

Edited by mitto, 30 August 2019 - 17:02.

Khan M. Ilyas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, jack knife, #2, #6, lucky curve, button filler

Sponsored Content

|