The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help? Eco Piston Sticking

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,031 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 August 2019 - 17:28

It was working fine when I loaded it a week ago....(Iro Tsysu-Kusa, and the 1.1 nib...). But when I went to flush it yesterday, it was almost like trying to turn the knob in setting cement.

It comes with a lube kit, I know, but I have never lubed a piston before. Any pointers, please, on how to diagnose and proceed?

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 carlos.q

carlos.q

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:15

Take a look at this video:

#3 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• 8,031 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2019 - 15:31

Thanks! :)

#4 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:54

I just watched videos from both Jet Pens and Goulet. I would recommend the Jet Pens video.
Posted Image

#5 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• 8,031 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:07

I just watched videos from both Jet Pens and Goulet. I would recommend the Jet Pens video.

Thanks!

#6 Brianm_14

Brianm_14

Write like no one is watching

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2019 - 19:46

It isn't difficult to do. Once you've done it, the satisfaction in once again having a smooth-running piston is quite rewarding.

Wasn't there some suggestion elsewhere on this forum that a pure silicone grease, such as from an online pen shop, or locally from a diving shop, might work better than the thin oily stuff TWSBI supplies? Also, that it might be easier to apply?
Brian

#7 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• 8,031 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2019 - 20:43

It isn't difficult to do. Once you've done it, the satisfaction in once again having a smooth-running piston is quite rewarding.

Wasn't there some suggestion elsewhere on this forum that a pure silicone grease, such as from an online pen shop, or locally from a diving shop, might work better than the thin oily stuff TWSBI supplies? Also, that it might be easier to apply?

I couldn't even get the TWSBI stuff out of its bottle. Luckily I had a tiny jar of the other kind on hand.

Sponsored Content

|