Beat Your Pistols Into Fountain Pens

mke

I don't know if I missed a post about this or not. Probably not.

What is the best you can do with weapons? IMO, melt them down and make something useful from it - e.g. a fountain pen.
The German police from Lower Saxony and the German penmaker Waldmann did so to show their support for non-proliferation of firearms.
The outcome is a 1000 piece limited edition in real gunmetal the size of a Montblanc 146 (Bock steel, nib size F,M, B).

I just bought one.
If you are interested, hurry up, it is nearly sold out.

But the best thing is: a big part of the selling price was donated some days ago to an organization which supports crime victims - 32000 Euro (or 35000 USD) will now help to decrease the suffering of victims.

See my blog for the full story: http://mkepens.blogspot.com

Here are some photos, I borrowed them from Waldmann Pens (with permission).

I don't have own photos yet because the pen has not arrived yet - but I wanted to tell you about this project asap. As I said, it is nearly sold out.

fpn_1567080742__ig03-small.jpg

fpn_1567080824__img_0493-crop-small.jpg

fpn_1567080860__ig01-small.jpg

Edit: the part of the donation

Rule for Market Watch is "not to include the MRSP" in the original post. Please see my blog post for additional information and pictures.

Edited by mke

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samasry

• DrDebG

• Lloyd

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's no typo, I'm going to pass:

the selling price (32000 Euro or 35000 USD)

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Pretty damn cool idea... and that comes from a guy who is not anti-gun but rather has a more complex view of them, as tools/equipment, as designed & engineered objects, even as pieces of art and history.

32 000€ was what was donated, MRSP per piece is 495€.

Technical data:

Weight: 56g

Size: capped 146 mm, diameter 13.8 mm

MRSP: 495 Euro

The current price of the pen is likely the original price of the revolver. I like the look of the pen, but it is way too heavy for me.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

The current price of the pen is likely the original price of the revolver. I like the look of the pen, but it is way too heavy for me.

56 g?

56 g?

Yes. I have several others about that same weight. I can only write with them for a short time. Small hands, osteoarthritis, heavy pen . . . not fun.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Yes. I have several others about that same weight. I can only write with them for a short time. Small hands, osteoarthritis, heavy pen . . . not fun.

Then Sailor is for you, the 1911L looks like MB 146 , I believe they are under 20g

Good luck

This is too expensive and heavy a pen for me, but I appreciate the sentiments and applaud the initiative. After all, they say that the pen is mightier than the sword.... B)

And as I've said to people on FB "I have a fountain pen. Your argument is invalid...." :D

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

500 euro pushes it up into luxury pen territory like Pelikan M1000 or M800 or even near MontBlanc's etc......way too much...nice idea...but no thanks !

Eric.

If it had a tiny picatinny rail for a clip that could mount a little laser pointer sight or a bayonet letter opener, I'd totally buy it.

Really cool idea though. I just don't have that kind of cash. I donate my extra money to local school programs on donorschoose.org

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

• 3 weeks later...

Rather pricey considering the nib.

And if the local police want to support crime victims they should adress it as a social cost and a social responsibility, not as a charity.

Here and throughout much of the world it is addressed and funded as a necessary government funded service.

I checked and there was an EU report on this situation in Germany in 2012; apparently the needed services still haven't been funded.