The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Monteverde Dc Supershow 2018 Blue

monteverde blue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jj9ball

jj9ball

Extremely Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2019 - 22:21

I ordered the Teal for this year, and I figured why not get last year too.  Here is my review of last year's DC Supershow Blue from Monteverde. My initial impression is that it is simply another iteration of Horizon Blue.  You can see from the comparison that they are very close in color.  This color was just as well behaved as the Horizon blue and had just as good of flow.  It didn't feather on any paper I have used so far.  I really like the color but I do feel like I doubled up on colors since I already have Horizon Blue.  On the bright side this may also be another one of those colors that is close to Parker Penman Sapphire.  I hope you enjoy the review.  I would love to hear what everyone thinks.  Thanks for looking.

Attached Images

• IMG_9876.JPG
  • IMG_9873.JPG
  • IMG_9874.JPG
  • IMG_9875.JPG

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Sponsored Content

#2 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2019 - 20:33

Glorious, punchy blue. Thank you for the review.
If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

#3 jj9ball

jj9ball

Extremely Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 14:24

Glorious, punchy blue. Thank you for the review.

No problem.  I'm happy you liked it. :)

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

#4 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,907 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 14:28

Muttering "I do not need more blue ink, I do not need more blue ink, I do not need more blue ink...."

Thanks for the review.  And, well, not....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monteverde, blue

Sponsored Content

|