The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Monteverde Dc Supershow Teal 2019

monteverde teal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jj9ball

jj9ball

Extremely Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2019 - 21:14

I just got this ink.  I didn't get to go to DC, but really liked the look of the color when I first saw it.  I kinda like Teals and kinda don't.  I'm better when they are on the bluer side.  This one is about right in the middle.  You can see this from my ink sample paper.  I think I still like the color of Ku-Jaku more, but this is starting grow on me.  One thing I noticed with this ink was that, depending on the pen I used, it did shade quite a bit and looked really cool.  It seemed to me like the finer point better flowing pen allowed for more shading than just a wider nib would.  I tested this on a couple different types of paper and it was reasonably well behaved with a faster than normal dry time.  After about 5 to 7 seconds it was dry unless I laid down a lot of ink.  On really wet strokes it dried still by 10 seconds.  Its interesting that the paper towel blotch looks very green while there were several spots on the paper where it looked very blue.  I hope you enjoy the review.  I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

Attached Images

• IMG_9866.JPG
  • IMG_9868.JPG
  • IMG_9869.JPG
  • IMG_9870.JPG

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold