Jump to content

The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team


Help On Clip Replacement.

clip repair arrow uknown pen

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gutbucketeer



  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2019 - 20:39

I'm trying to get this unknown pen from a pen lot purchase back in working order. Unfortunately, the clip is broken off. Also, the clip slot is perpendicular to the barrel and it seems that a s shaped clip would work as a replacement.  When I took out the inner cap a small tab fell out which I assume is what held the clip in place. However, I don't know what these types of clips are called and therefore can't search for them.  If anyone can help, or knows of a source for these types of clips, it would be appreciated. 


Is there a parts exchange somewhere, that I could post a request? Or Do I have to wait for the next pen show to scrounge in the junk pen piles?  I guess I would want a no name clip so not to confuse the issue, if I ever get it repaired.


It has "Arrow" written on the lever and a Signature 4 Made In USA Nib (See pics).   With the clip missing I have no other information, so I can't be certain about the make of the pen.  When I search for arrow pens all I get is Parker variants.



Attached Images

  • arrowpen1.jpg
  • arrowpen2.jpg
  • arrowpen3.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Ron Z

Ron Z

    Museum Piece

  • FPN Super Moderators

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,867 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 13:41

You find a slot like that when the manufacturer used what we call a "Z" clip.   One end of the Z is the clip that you see on the outside. the other end is the metal tab that fell out when you took the inner cap out.  They're common enough, and next to the washer clips found on Parker products, are about the easiest to replace.


To replace one you pull the inner cap, clean the cap, put the new clip and then the inner cap, making sure that the flat spot on the inner cal lines up with the tab on the clip.

Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

#3 Gutbucketeer



  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2019 - 03:36

Thanks a lot.  I searched for S clip but not Z.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clip repair, arrow, uknown pen

Sponsored Content