Pilot Iroshizuku Inks

Citroen

I also do not like Asa-Gao, for it looks too close to ballpoint pen blue. Kon-Peki and Ama-Iro are my go-to blues. I want to try Tsuki-yo sometime, the name of moonlit night is too poetic to resist!

I do not find any Iro inks drippy, guess I am lucky! Iro inks work well on 52g Tomoe River, the sheen really shows up well. Not the 68g Tomoe River though, they look two size broader on that paper.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• N1003U

• LyaT

• Says

• Linger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love Ina-Ho, which to me is a perfect antique gold color.

Learning from the past does not mean living in the past.

I love Ina-Ho, which to me is a perfect antique gold color.

You've just prompted me to revisit the colour as a candidate for the next fill in a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. :)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I've been using Asa-Gao and Kon-Peki for a number of months now. I love both colors. I just purchased a bottle of Diamine Sapphire Blue which is almost identical, when dry, to Asa-Gao. I figured it might be a more inexpensive alternative to Asa-Gao at $15.00 (Cdn) for 50ml. However, when doing some samples I noticed some sheening I had never seen before with BOTH Asa-Gao and Kon-Peki. The Kon-Peki has a magnificent red sheen! Ton's of character. But I also noticed my Diamine Bilberry (deep, dark, plum purple) has an incredible sheen to it I hadn't noticed before either! Ah, the joys of new discoveries!

oSYPjTE.jpg

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

• 8 months later...

Relatively new to this fountain pen forum, although I've been using fountain pens for probably over 40 years now.

Just renewed my interest and got some Pilot Iroshizuku ink. Love them!

OoAjMMP.jpg?1

Very nice pens peeking out from below too!!

I am totally in love with Hoteisen. It such a somber colour that I can use regularly at work, but the subtle shade of green sets it apart from all other inks.

I am totally in love with Hoteisen. It such a somber colour that I can use regularly at work, but the subtle shade of green sets it apart from all other inks.

Oh no, I may have to go look.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Oh no, I may have to go look.

Ok, I can't find Hoteisen. Are you sure that is the name?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Ok, I can't find Hoteisen. Are you sure that is the name?

It'll be HoteisOn, an anniversary one.

Love me some Iroshizuku! Kon Peki is my #1 but I have several others all of which are always in something. Ku jaku, asa gao, ama iro, and Fuyu gaki. All among my favs

Other than the liquidy consistency of Iroshizuku inks being different from Diamine's, I find Diamine Graphite to be a fairly reasonable approximation of Hotei-Son. Graphite is a murky green-tinted gray, more green the more saturated a line is. There's even a faint coppery sheen to it, quite nice and mysterious.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

I 'll start by saying that I'm not a multi color ink fan. My exclusive choice is blue. I have just one black ink, an Edelstein Onyx. So, I haven't tried many Iroshizuku inks, in fact just two, the Kon peki and Asa Gao. And I'm perfectly satisfied with the amazing blue that Asa Gao provides.

I'm predominantly a blue/black fan with violet, claret & brown/sepia thrown in for good measure. When looking for an olive toned sepia, Iroshi. Tsukushi is my firm favourite.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

• 2 weeks later...

I love iroshizuku inks!!!

I still love Noodlers for their properties but once the "only use inks that will outlive me on the page" phase slowed I've been enjoying other brands, especially iroshizuku.

I think I have 11 of them, but I'll have to check haha

All are from their original line. With how many inks I have I didn't even want to start with the anniversary inks haha

Edit: and about price, at least here in USA, after they found a way to mass produce the bottles they are only $16-$20 now which isn't bad compared to what my original job peki cost back in 2013. Amazon is your friend here and when you find the page of Amazon's actual listing and can choose colors, the prices fluctuate depending on color and also are known to drop nice and low

Edited by stoof2010

-Stefan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/SnailBadge.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/unnamed.jpg

Got a Tsuki - Yo as a gift for my new Sailor Pro II pen. While it is rather hazy for my liking, I must say that I'm enjoying it a lot !

I use it daily and exclusively the last few days, with my new Sailor !

So in order of personal preference

1. Asa Gao

2. Tsuki Yo

3. Kon Peki

I have 15ml bottles of all 24. Asa-Gao is my favorite normal-writing ink--I can read/write pages on end. Yama-Budo is my favorite color. These two are the only ones that I've finished the 15ml bottle and replaced with a 50ml.

For welcoming sping-time then Ajisai and Kosumosu are a great pair. Nine months of Seattle clouds don't consciously bother me, but once we start getting gorgeous spring days it's kind of nice to do a little something to mark the occasion. :)