Battle Of Marinai Neri

samasry

Recently, in the far lands of Japan

A new Kingdom has been formed after the Battle of Marinai Neri

The forces of the Pilot Empire, drunk with their diluted urushi power, have mounted an early June attack on the stronghold of the Black Sailors fortress.

The Black Sailors stood their ground, or is it water, and have attempted to defend themselves against this half-bleep, fatty, 3-layer only, Urushi attack, from the fat customized warrior. We shall call him the Custom-Urushi-Sumo-Warrior, or CUSW for short

Legend has it, that the king of all pen (no "s"), did hear the cries of his Sailors and manage to get their mutilated bodies from the Pacific ocean and give them their Diloro resting place.

The King, who is slimmer, wittier, opps, I meant wetter than the CUSW is the rising power in the east, He shall lead his Black Sailors to glory. He fights nimble and fast with no Urushi to hold him back.

I have been able to get this sneak peek of the King Sailing away with his fallen brothers, leaving the CUSW Urushi aggressor, dazed and confused, in the abandoned Fortress of half-bleeep Urushi.

The fallen CUSW was heard muttering:

This is not the End

This is not even the beginning of the End

This is merely the End of the Beginning :lticaptd:

post-151303-0-00491000-1566509901_thumb.jpg

Edited by salmasry

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samasry

• DrDebG

• mke

• Doug C

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Epic battles and no blood... I mean ink was spilled? Censorship is getting out of hand nowadays... Nice pens and accessories.

Oh, what kind of cable is the black one?

Sorry, I just saw this. I take it you really don't like Pilot. Oh well, every brand needs a cheerleader.

Great story, although to be honest, I only use a Pilot VP and I don't have any Sailors . . . yet.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

First, the cases, now the cable :lticaptd: thank you OMG I'm dying !!

Next up, what color is that monitor in the background?

Sorry @salmasry just kidding. Beautiful sublime pen and surprisingly the Sailor ebonite is so smooth looking I'd mistake it for kuro tamenuri !

While I like the smooth responsiveness of the #30 CUSW (M), the nib feedback of the King is much preferred. And even the flow is more controlled in an CUSW (FM) but still missing the nice Sailor feedback. Others probably prefer the opposite.

Nevertheless, I hope CUSW doesn't get retired to the sumo stable or worst banished from the kingdom. Both are equally royal in their own right.

I look forward to more of your battle stories after the new pen honeymoon period :D

Epic battles and no blood... I mean ink was spilled? Censorship is getting out of hand nowadays... Nice pens and accessories.

The cables are either USB-C cable for newer mac display, Thunderbolt for older mac display, or device charging.

I think the black cable is lightning cable to charge the phone from one of the USB ports at the back of the monitor.

Sorry, I just saw this. I take it you really don't like Pilot. Oh well, every brand needs a cheerleader.

Great story, although to be honest, I only use a Pilot VP and I don't have any Sailors . . . yet.

No, not at all, I like Pilot pens, pencils a great deal. The whole issue with this specific pilot pen is a matter of inflated expectations. I was trying to jump quickly from the practical EDC pen category which is the 19111L to my ultimate grail pen, and I built up too much expectations for this pen. The pen is really great, and it has an amazing springy nib that is not matched by any other pen that I have.

First, the cases, now the cable :lticaptd: thank you OMG I'm dying !!

Next up, what color is that monitor in the background?

Sorry @salmasry just kidding. Beautiful sublime pen and surprisingly the Sailor ebonite is so smooth looking I'd mistake it for kuro tamenuri !

While I like the smooth responsiveness of the #30 CUSW (M), the nib feedback of the King is much preferred. And even the flow is more controlled in an CUSW (FM) but still missing the nice Sailor feedback. Others probably prefer the opposite.

Nevertheless, I hope CUSW doesn't get retired to the sumo stable or worst banished from the kingdom. Both are equally royal in their own right.

I look forward to more of your battle stories after the new pen honeymoon period :D

You are right, it is hard really to determine which nib is better. There is something very special about the Pilot #30 nib, that has unique feeling when you use it. On the other hand the Sailor KOP nib has its own amazing character as well.

I think my initial reaction for the KOP was related to comparing the KOP using the Sailor's provided black ink, which resulted in a magical writing experience with the KOP. Once you neutralize the Ink factor, the difference between the two pens is reasonable considering the KOP is M and the Pilot is MF.

No, not at all, I like Pilot pens, pencils a great deal. The whole issue with this specific pilot pen is a matter of inflated expectations. I was trying to jump quickly from the practical EDC pen category which is the 19111L to my ultimate grail pen, and I built up too much expectations for this pen. The pen is really great, and it has an amazing springy nib that is not matched by any other pen that I have.

Ah so! Now I understand (or at least I think I do . . . )

Actually, I really appreciate your creativity, and look forward to your next "match up"!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Ah so! Now I understand (or at least I think I do . . . )

Actually, I really appreciate your creativity, and look forward to your next "match up"!

Thank you for your kindness :thumbup:

The Pilot Empire may be led by a clunkier, far less elegant or nimble warrior, but man when he's loaded up he's got power! I imagine the KOP as a Samurai, and the Custom Urushi as a Sumo Wrestler!

The Pilot Empire may be led by a clunkier, far less elegant or nimble warrior, but man when he's loaded up he's got power! I imagine the KOP as a Samurai, and the Custom Urushi as a Sumo Wrestler!

Wow, sometimes things are staring you in the face and you do not see them. The KOP as a Samurai is a very powerful metaphor indeed. Thank you for the idea :thumbup: I might steal it in other posts.

My main regret about the CUSW is that I should have gotten a Medium, perhaps I dare say Broad, This pen should not be restricted to medium fine, it should be allowed to let the ink flow and flow in a manner comparable to its size and heft.

Edited by salmasry

> 3-layer-only Urushi

You mean, the Pilot Custom Urushi has only 3 layers Urushi coating. Just trying to extract the hard facts from your manifest. :)

Where did you find this info?

If that is true, there are two conclusions:

1) either 3 layers are enough,

2) or they got you.

Anybody knows how many coating layers are on the Namiki Emperor Urushi?

Edited by mke

> 3-layer-only Urushi

You mean, the Pilot Custom Urushi has only 3 layers Urushi coating. Just trying to extract the hard facts from your manifest. :)

Where did you find this info?

If that is true, there are two conclusions:

1) either 3 layers are enough,

2) or they got you.

Anybody knows how many coating layers are on the Namiki Emperor Urushi?

The 3 layer is listed by at least couple of retailers of this pen

https://www.gouletpens.com/products/pilot-custom-urushi-fountain-pen

https://vanness1938.com/products/pilot-custom-urushi

The KOP Urushi OTOH has 12 layers of Urushi

https://andersonpens.com/sailor-bespoke-1911-king-of-pen-urushi-fountain-pen-black-with-gold-trim/

Here is the namiki urushi

https://nibsmith.com/product/namiki-emperor-black-urushi-fountain-pen/

It list 20 processes, that could be 20 layers or 10 layers if we count one urushi coat and one polish each as a process

Edited by salmasry

Who killed the Platinum Izumo?

Edited by ukobke

Still missing the "White Stripe" MYU and black brother MYU with transparent section!

(Has somebody a "Murex" with a working clock?

(Thanks to Steve I found the "Black Stripe Capless" and the "White Stripe Capless")

Friends, Pen-Nerds, countrymen, lend me your ears;

I come to bury CUSW , not to praise him.

The evil that Pens do lives after them;

The good is oft interred with their bones;

So let it be with CUSW .

The noble KOP Hath told you CUSW was ambitious:

If it were so, it was a grievous fault,

And grievously hath CUSW answer'd it.

Here, under leave of KOP and the rest--

For KOP is an honourable pen; So are they all, all honourable pens--

Come I to speak in CUSW 's funeral.

He was my friend, faithful and just to me:

But KOP says he was ambitious; And KOP is an honourable pen.

He hath brought many ink bottles back home

Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:

Did this in CUSW seem ambitious?

When that the poor have cried, CUSW hath wept:

Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:

Yet KOP says he was ambitious; And KOP is an honourable pen.

You all did see that on the Lupercal

I thrice presented him a kingly crown,

Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?

Yet KOP says he was ambitious; And, sure, he is an honourable Pen.

I speak not to disprove what KOP spoke,

But here I am to speak what I do know.

You all did love him once, not without cause:

What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?

O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,

And Pens have lost their reason. Bear with me;

My heart is in the coffin there with CUSW ,

And I must pause till it come back to me.

Edited by salmasry

Who killed the Platinum Izumo?

This was merely just the opening battle, between Tokyo based CUSW and Hiroshima's own KOP.

The Izumo province was spared, due to the common knowledge that the Izumo Shogun is deemed not fit to be considered a contender in this epic battle of Nibs.

It is expected, and time will tell, that the Izumo Shogun will pledge allegiance to the mighty warrior that shall be declared the victor of this epic war, if and when it is concluded decisively, and so on and so forth.