rammarur

Hello FPNers,

I just received my pens from Fosfor Pens. Wanted to share my first impressions with all of you! This review will not have any ratings. All I can tell you is, I simply love these pieces of art and highly recommend Fosfor Pens...

Pen #1:

- Parker Duofold style flat top pen with roller clip

- Material : Vintage Mazzucchelli Cebloplast

- Length : 138 mm capped, 128 mm uncapped, about 170 mm posted

- Width : 13.6 mm at the barrel-cap threads

- Nib : Jowo steel, Extra Fine

The pen is beautiful, just magnificent. You can keep staring at the material, the depth is so amazing.

Pictures taken by Manoj-

post-115680-0-33519000-1566412398_thumb.jpg

post-115680-0-33165600-1566412476_thumb.jpg

Well, this pen, in a matter of seconds, became one of my favorites. Manoj has cut very smooth triple start threads and the cap takes just 2 turns to disengage from the barrel. It's polished so well. I asked him for a Jowo Steel EF nib and it had feedback, not scratchy, but just feedback. I smoothed it out and it is a joy to write with. It's wet and smooth, but puts down a precise line on the paper. It's a cartridge/converter filling system, but can be used as an eyedropper too. I am not used to writing with Extra Fine and Fine nibs, so I find it a bit difficult to get used to.

Pen #2:

- Parker Duofold style flat top pen with roller clip

- Material : SEM Black Ebonite with Himalayan Cedar inlays on the cap and barrel ends.

- Length : 138 mm capped, 128 mm uncapped, about 170 mm posted

- Width : 13.6 mm at the barrel-cap threads

- Nib : Jowo steel, 1.1 Stub (my all-time favorite)

Many may brush aside this beauty thinking this is just another boring black pen...but hold on! There is something interesting, the cap finial and the barrel end have Himalayan Cedar inlaid to them. And the wood looks beautiful, it's a very good contrast. I contemplated about the inlay work, looked at some plastics with interesting patterns, but nothing enticed me more than the organic feel of the wood. But picking the type of wood to use was a challenge, because we have a very small surface area to show the grain. Manoj suggested that we use Himalayan Cedar which has good grain, some yellows, browns, pinks and reds. I am glad to have followed his suggestion. The pen is very beautiful. This has the same triple start threads like the other one has, but the threads don't feel as smooth, may be because it's ebonite. I just put some silicone grease and it helped a bit. Filling system is the same as on the other pen.

Pictures taken by Manoj-

post-115680-0-74220000-1566415924_thumb.jpg

post-115680-0-25844800-1566415934_thumb.jpg

This pen has my favorite Jowo steel 1.1 Stub nib. Its a great nib, smoothing it a little bit only helped. Usually the 1.1s have a scratchy diagonal upstroke (at least my experience with many of them). So I used some micromesh and it now writes like a dream.

Writing Sample:

post-115680-0-28068700-1566416006.jpg

My thanks to Manoj...he is an awesome penmaker, and his patience is remarkable. A lot of care has been taken while polishing, attention to detail is excellent. All my requests to him till now take numerous phone calls and emails, but he has been very patient and is always open to suggestions and challenges. If I could change something, it would be to increase the length of the cap and barrel by a couple of mm, in all make it about 145 mm.

Hanging around together-

post-115680-0-96568900-1566416421.jpg

Will post a review of another pen soon.

Thanks for reading!

Regards,

Raghuram.

Edited by rammarur

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rammarur

• s_t_e_v_e

• Aditkamath26

• ashutoshthakur

Great pens :thumbup:

How long did you have to wait? I hear the wait times have skyrocketed to nearly 18 months now.

Hi Steve, Thanks! I had to wait for about a year. Worth the wait though!

Great pens :thumbup:

How long did you have to wait? I hear the wait times have skyrocketed to nearly 18 months now.

He also has fast track orders at about 20% premium. The wait times are lower with those.

He also has fast track orders at about 20% premium. The wait times are lower with those.

As low as fourteen months :P

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

Just an update- Threads on the black pen have eased up and are very smooth now. In all, the black pen has become one of the best pens I own. Thanks again, Manoj!