The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Nemosine Is Going Away. Clearance On All Their Stuff

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 brokenclay

brokenclay

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 00:52

Ah, that's the same sale as Birmingham's. Those bottles are Diamine inks. Not sure of the cartridges.

Cool, thank you! I ordered the Prussian Blue and the Imperial Blue. Looking forward to them both.

Sponsored Content

#82 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 00:20

I placed another order. I got the #6 loose nibs in the 3 stub sizes, the Knox pens in silver and black, both with Nemosine 1.1 stub nibs, and the Imperial Purple and Prussian Blue inks. So glad it’s confirmed the inks are Diamine. I saw Diamine Prussian Blue freshly used at pen club, and wanted it. It is a great deal at $5.99 for 60ml. The order was $50.43.

I noticed the dry writing issues with the latest batches of Nemosine pens. Unlike others, I did not throw them away. In time, after sitting and refilling, they are writing much better.
Posted Image

#83 brokenclay

brokenclay

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 00:28

Im not crazy about the Prussian Blue, its just little too grey and subdued for me. Im enjoying the Imperial Blue, which has a purple tinge.

#84 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,992 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 March 2020 - 18:35

Ah, that's the same sale as Birmingham's. Those bottles are Diamine inks. Not sure of the cartridges.

Just catching up on this thread.

I'm not 100% sure you're right.  Certainly the old Chesterfield inks were rebranded Diamine inks, but believe that the components for the Birmingham inks (at least some of the newer colors, may be De Atramentis.  Certainly, when they were still xfountainpens.com, they had a line called "Architekt" which were clearly just relabeled DA inks (they didn't even change the color names). 

Back when they still had the B&M store, Nick told me at one point (a couple of years ago) that the dyes for the Birmingham line were coming from Germany, but I haven't been keeping up on things recently, so it's possible they could have changed again (I know that the bottle of Honus Wagner I bought when the line first came out is different from the later version -- and I chalked that up partly to the different dyes being used to mix the colors.)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#85 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 2,360 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 00:27

Hi Ruth. This time the ink is unbranded, but the description indicates the ink is made in England.

I like Diamine and De Atramentis inks.
Posted Image

#86 sketchstack

sketchstack

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 05:07

I bought some of the surplus ink a while back. At the time the Birmingham website unambiguously stated that those were "surplus Diamine" inks.

I just checked again and it looks like they're not described that way. My guess is Diamine prefers the inks be described as generic so as to not take away from the Diamine-brand business. 

I like to write or make short videos about my fountain pens such as the Conid Bulkfiller or Pilot Urushi 845 BB:

SketchStack.com

#87 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 2,360 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:59

I bet you are right. I typed England, but it is actually posted as the United Kingdom.
Posted Image

#88 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 2,360 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 06:57

I placed an order last Wednesday, and have yet to receive any notice of shipment.
Posted Image

#89 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:36

I recently discovered that the Aeolus Palus Red ink from their line is basically the best red ink on earth. Its performance on bad paper is literally perfect, and it's an amazing neutral red.

I wish I had realized this sooner and bought ten more bottles. I compared it to the 15 or so other reds I own and nothing even came close to its performance on copy paper.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#90 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:37

I placed an order last Wednesday, and have yet to receive any notice of shipment.

There is a bit of a nationwide pandemic that's killing 3-5% of the unites states population right now mate.

Now is far from the time to complain about shipping times. Many retailers legally cannot go to their warehouses and ship things right now.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 23 March 2020 - 10:37.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#91 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 2,360 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 19:40

Hi Honeybadgers
I know words on a screen lack context. Mine was a statement of fact, not complaints. I’m fully aware of the impact of COVID-19.

I emailed Josh to make sure he was ok, he replied they had been very busy.
Posted Image

#92 thudthwacker

thudthwacker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2020 - 20:44

As a data point, I placed an order for a few #6 nibs on the 2nd, and they were delivered today (the 11th).  Which, all in all, was considerably faster than I was expecting.

Sponsored Content

|