The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Diamine Cherry Sunburst (Handwritten Review)

diamine cherry sunburst guitar inks 200% less funny than usual

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 18:36

So this will not be a spectacular review because I actually like this ink so much I couldn't find enough snark in myself to make this an entertaining review.  (That and I'm tired.)  Still, thought it was worth giving a shout out to on the forums, because this truly is a lovely ink.  One major correction:  I forgot to do the matching colour bits until just before I scanned this in, and after comparing the inks I lined up on Leuchtturm instead of Tomoe River, they all don't look even remotely similar in my opinion.  Well, maybe Ancient Copper does, sorta, it's just 300% more saturated and redder.  Enjoy!

cherry-sunburst1.jpg
cherry-sunburst2.jpg
cherry-sunburst3.jpg
cherry-sunburst4.jpg
cherry-sunburst5.jpg
cherry-sunburst6.jpg
cherry-sunburst7.jpg

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Sponsored Content

#2 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 18:42

Great review :thumbup: but I am 50/50 on the colour... :)

#3 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 18:47

Excellent review!  Thank you for taking the time to do this!  I love the review, and am not enamored with the color.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#4 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,562 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 20:20

What they said.  I'm not wild about the color, but thanks for the review.

I have gotten samples of some of the other Guitar Series inks (Pelham Blue, Tobacco Sunburst and Desert Sunburst), but haven't had a chance to try any of them yet.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#5 Eclipse157

Eclipse157

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:56

Thank you for your reviews, I always find them a very good read, fun and informative. :thumbup:

#6 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 15:43

Thank you, I like this one.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, cherry sunburst, guitar inks, 200% less funny than usual

Sponsored Content

|