The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Noodler's Tokyo Gift 2019 Dc Supershow Ink

noodlers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jandrese

jandrese

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 20:45

Picked this up at Dromgooles in Houston to fill a new Danitrio. Nice ink, a bit dry but not too much. Good water resistance for a red. 

48546559642_96231771d7_k.jpgtokyp gift by Ja Ja, on Flickr

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,702 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2019 - 21:04

Interesting.  Someone else did a review of this yesterday and it looked a LOT less saturated (like a darker, more red version of Noodler's Empire Red).

Your review makes the ink look a LOT more interesting.  Although neither review makes me think that cherry blossoms are that color....

And this is a lot more variation than the standard "Noodler's Small Batch" story (this is more like the one from a couple of years ago that 3 different versions were released simultaneously, but with no guarantee or indication as to which version you were getting....  :( 

Thanks for the review.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 jandrese

jandrese

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 15:49

This scanned a little dark now that I study it some. It's a nice, dark-ish, pink/cherry red that has a nice brightness. I reckon it is very difficult to color correct this for internet display. It's not nearly as light as the other reviewer indicated unless his pen was very a very dry writer. I'm very surprised how much I like this ink.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers

Sponsored Content

|