The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Diamine Bloody Absinth (Seitz-Kreuznach Exclusive)

diamine bloody absinth sheen exclusive

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2019 - 20:40

Hey guys, time for another hand-written review.  TL;DR:  Yes it's a sheen monster.  Not as much as Skull & Roses / Smoke on the Water.  Yes, it's a unique color, sorta.  I still would not rec because it's finicky and not THAT unique of a color.  If you were waffling I'd spring for Aurora Borealis instead.  Review follows!

bloody-absinth1.jpg
bloody-absinth2.jpg
bloody-absinth3.jpg
bloody-absinth4.jpg
bloody-absinth5.jpg
bloody-absinth6.jpg
bloody-absinth7.jpg
bloody-absinth8.jpg
bloody-absinth9.jpg
bloody-absinth10.jpg

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Sponsored Content

#2 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Inkfluencer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2019 - 21:27

Thanks for a fun and great review. I love the Q&A format. Sadly the ink itself seems to be quite a letdown. And the 80ml only format is a dealbreaker for me. I guess I'll pass this one.

Edited by Lgsoltek, 12 August 2019 - 21:27.

#3 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2019 - 21:54

Yeah, I like the color, but that's about it.  Maybe a nicer pen will make it feel nicer when I write with it, but it just doesn't wanna behave, which annoys me.

It is a sheen monster, so there's that.

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

#4 Bobje

Bobje

We're all bozos on this bus.

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:38

The Q&A format is terrific, and your candor and sense of humor lighten up useful information. Thank you.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

#5 langere

langere

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,524 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:50

Love it!  It looks like you had fun doing this ink review and I certainly enjoyed reading it.  

Just because of your fun review, I'm considering buying it (form over content!), but then I have Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine and J. Herbin's Emeraude de Chivor and that's good enough for me...

Erick

Currently in Rotation: 

Kanwrite Desire "F" nib running Noodlers Gruene Cactus

Cross "Year of the Dog" Special Edition "M" nib running Visconti Black

Pelikan M205 Star Ruby "F" nib running Noodler's Black Swans in Australian Roses

#6 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:12

I love your review format and script.The colour looks very exciting and I really want some! :wub:  :wub: 

*Edit, I've GOT some! Just ordered, from the shop with a presence on ebay uk no less.hooray. Thank you for enabling me...  :D

Edited by Bhavna, 13 August 2019 - 12:23.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

#7 daveyisgreat

daveyisgreat

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:24

I got a bottle of it and I really like it. I haven't had any issues really. I'm using a Pelikan M600 with a broad nib and it does fine for my purposes.

#8 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:16

what a fun and informative review, thanks!

fpn_kab_tsuki_yo_most_boring_212x150.gif  Current rotation: home: Lamy Al-star 1.5, GvFC Moss Green; Lamy Vista 1.1, Diamine Oxblood; Sheaffer Touchdown 0.6, Sailor Kin-Mokusei

Case: Visconti HS EF, Sailor Kin-Mokusei; Estie 2314M, R&K Alt-Goldgrün; Lamy Studio 1.1, Diamine Ochre 

#9 shagvantofi

shagvantofi

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:37

What a review! I like this ink very much.

#10 arellano81366

arellano81366

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2019 - 20:23

This was a very nice to read review! Much appreciated!

Javier

#11 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2019 - 18:15

Thanks all!  Just a minor update, I wrote out a page using the same pen and ink on my Tomoe River notebook (heavier weight white), and it might be worth noting that the writing experience is much smoother and nicer on the expensive(er) paper than the Leuchtturm.  So YMMV very much depending on the paper you choose to write with; this ink seems to demand a more expensive paper to perform well.  Also it's been a day or two since I wrote anything with this pen and there were no startup problems, so that's good.

Edited by Enkida, 15 August 2019 - 18:16.

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

- Lois McMaster Bujold

#12 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,652 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 19:23

Thank you for the review.  I am not enamored with the color enough to bridge the disadvantages of the ink.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, bloody absinth, sheen, exclusive

Sponsored Content

|