The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Notebooks - New Release

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 inkypete

inkypete

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:07

Anyone had any experience with these as yet? Interested to know how FP friendly they are.

https://www.gouletpe...=16800327630891

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 nibtip

nibtip

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:49

There are 2 interesting reviews on YT.

My personal opinion is that it is a Leuchtturm contender essentially. Nothing can compete with Tomoe but it is nice to vary.

A good+ is that it is made in Italy (therefore Europe).

I should receive the 2 i ordered within days.

We will see.

#3 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 17:37

Quick and dirty Initial impression after testing them in the store this weekend (one hardcover, one softcover): paper felt a bit glossier than Rhodia, and heavy weight.  Smooth, white (i'm not sure if they come in an ivory), no showthrough to speak of.  I wasn't a huge fan of the lined/grid combo, but I'm picky that way (it just seemed a bit messy, and imprecise).  Basic first and fast impression was that it seemed fine/good (compared to Rhodia and Leuchtturm). 

Oh, and the hardcover colours really pop (the blue really does look like the Imperial blue from the Studio, and the green is really bright, if that's your thing).

Softcover lays flat, but I forgot to check if this was the case with the hardcover.

D.

#4 Newjelan

Newjelan

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:24

Oh no, not another brand of fountain pen friendly notebooks. I have so many notebooks, I love them all but I need to stop.

#5 eciton

eciton

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:01

I did a quick review here: https://ukfountainpe...ebook-and-more/

I was quite impressed! 

Anthony

ukfountainpens.com

#6 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:29

Bought one and immediately passed it on. The paper itself is ok, if a bit too slick in feel, but as I feared the ruling is really distracting. Too busy for me and neither one thing or the other. The covers & quality of finish are good

Verba volant, scripta manent

#7 BDarchitect

BDarchitect

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:58

I love the three pack booklets! The combo 8mm lines and 4mm dot grid are perfect for either text or graphics, and I do both. The gray lines are light enough not to be distracting, and the 90gsm paper is heavy enough and compatible for most FP, mine anyway. Understated, classy, with lime green bonding thread for a hint of design savvy.

#8 InkedSophie

InkedSophie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2020 - 15:12

Hm, I might give these notebooks a try.

#9 Keyless Works

Keyless Works

Antique

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• 1,839 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:49

I will have a review up on YouTube for the A5 Hardcover version tomorrow.

I think the paper is very good. If you like a smooth writing surface though you wont like these as the paper has definite texture.

#10 Keyless Works

Keyless Works

Antique

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• 1,839 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2020 - 16:46

Here is my Lamy Hardcover Notebook Review:

https://youtu.be/vPDolaFB6PU

#11 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 933 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 20:44

Great review.  I appreciate your comments about the ruling; I've had reservations about it, so it was good to hear what you had to say.  Thanks for sharing it.

(Currently watching your "5 top office pens" videos.  I don't want to be too spoiler-y, so all I'll say is "good choices").

#12 Keyless Works

Keyless Works

Antique

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• 1,839 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2020 - 00:38

Great review.  I appreciate your comments about the ruling; I've had reservations about it, so it was good to hear what you had to say.  Thanks for sharing it.

(Currently watching your "5 top office pens" videos.  I don't want to be too spoiler-y, so all I'll say is "good choices").

Thank you!

They are great notebooks but I could see the ruling being a deal breaker for some. Would be nice if they did a blank or lined version as well.

#13 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 933 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:54

Thank you!

They are great notebooks but I could see the ruling being a deal breaker for some. Would be nice if they did a blank or lined version as well.

I'd love to see a blank version, or even just a dot-grid. Especially given the paper quality.

By the way: in your review you mentioned that the hardback notebook was only available in the aluminum-coloured cover.  When they first appeared in Toronto last August, a blue and a green version were also available.  The green was eye-searingly bright (not really an office notebook)  but the blue was quite nice; it looked like the shade used on the Imperial Blue Studio.  I'm not sure if these are still available  --  maybe they were an introductory one-off that have been discontinued -- but you may want to keep an eye out for the blue one at least. 

Edited by dennis_f, 10 July 2020 - 02:54.

#14 85AKbN

85AKbN

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 850 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:07

Do they have a size that is close to passport size? If so, which one would it be under?

Sponsored Content

|