Noodlers Tokyo Gift Cherry Blosson Pink 2019 Dc Pen Show Le Ink

eharriett

Your first question: no I did not get this at the DC Show. I got it from Vanness. I suggest if you want it, go for it now. Don't know how much is left. I'm normally really particular about my reds/pinks. This one surprised me. I will be keeping this one. I quite enjoy it.

First is the review page. I'll begin with the scanned version. The scanned version is just a bit paler than real, but pretty close. Almost imperceptibly different:

2o8UP2I.jpg

Next, this is the pic version of the same page. It shows the color a bit deeper than it actually is. Less accurate, but it does photograph well:

LdPdmYz.jpg

As you can see, it is a very nice color. Not too red. Not too pink. Not too orange. It is very earthy and natural. I can easily see it as a correspondence color. Not quite waterproof, although certainly not permanent. No shading that I was able to get, hence the color was consistent in both my juicy music nib and also my thinner lined glass nib pen. A bit of a slow dryer, but keep in mind I did this with a music nib. I'm left handed, and my hand did not catch any ink, nor did I smear the page as I write, like I do with other inks.

To me, I'd say there was no feathering to worry about. At least on this paper. When I go to cheap paper for work, almost everything does, though. But this one seems fine:

GJ6Riiw.jpg

Next is the back of the page. I'm going to say this is not a bleeder. The only spotting you see is where I put an unrealistic amount of ink down on the page, and one spot where I crossed a T. Remember I was using a music nib. I've seen a whole lot worse. This one is just fine:

ZOiOUKp.jpg

Of course, here is the label. Noodlers once again does a beautiful job with it. One of the finest label producers in the industry, as far as I'm concerned:

dtcobE3.jpg

Here's a really nice pic of the inside of the cap. Shows the hue of the ink pretty well:

cmUiqI2.jpg

Lastly, my one caution: as much as I love the ink, I would not put it in a sac pen. It clings. The ink has been in this pen for a week and I wanted to see what it would do. It sticks to the converter walls, which means it will stick inside a latex sac. Be a bit difficult to clear out.

TCHeCPP.jpg

But ..... that being said, it DOES NOT STAIN! The ink will come out with washing. Just make sure you can put it in a pen where it can be rinsed out after use and you will have no problem. I would have no problem putting this in my Visconti or custom made pen because they wash out easily. Here's a pic of the converter plunger pushing that film down. As you can see, it comes right off:

46wTaCA.jpg

And that's all, folks! Hope you enjoy it. I'm kinda hoping this one becomes a regular in the Noodlers Lineup. This is a really good color I find quite enjoyable.

UPDATE: While I was using it tonight, I recalled something I forgot to mention in the review: for those of you who like colors that are retina searing, this is one of them. At least when it goes down on the page, and even dried to a somewhat lesser extent, this is an attention grabbing color. So whomever it is that is the official keeper of the retina searing inks list, add this one to it.

Edited by eharriett

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eharriett

• Gloucesterman

• Bhavna

• namrehsnoom

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh this looks like Diamine's Pink Champagne Shimmer ink! Thank you for the review, I do love Noodler's inks!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Glad I checked it out here. Saw it on a retailer's website and it looked very much like Iroshizuku - Yama Budo, which I like.

This one does't appear to have the coloring that I like/want.

the review is very much appreciated. Thank you.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Glad I checked it out here. Saw it on a retailer's website and it looked very much like Iroshizuku - Yama Budo, which I like.

This one does't appear to have the coloring that I like/want.

the review is very much appreciated. Thank you.

I've got Yama Budo in a sample. It is a nice color. But I can assure you, it is NOT like Yama Budo.

I just saw this ink advertised in the new email from Goulet Pens, and had been wondering what it would be like.

I think I may be able to pass on this one. While not as bad as Empire Red, it looks a little washed out and a little too salmon-red for my taste.

But thanks for the review. Seeing review of inks I don't want is *way* better for my wallet (especially with school taxes due in roughly a week and a half...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."