• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• sansenri

• JonSzanto

• mauckcg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the input, both bbs and auds! It is appreciated: I still get the impression of Omas quality and attractiveness at, let's say, Conklin prices?

I love the look of my Leonardo pens, but sadly the nibs have been problematic (except for the stub). Three of the pens, one Furore and two Momento Zeros, appear to be over-polished and have hard starts and skipping. I cleaned and flushed them, tried several inks with varying wetness, and haven't been able to ink my way out of it. I'm going to resort to micro-mesh, but it's incredibly annoying to have skipping nibs on such beautiful pens.

Has anyone experienced this issue on their Leonardo pens? I'm surprised that I have three dud nibs when no one else has made mention of any problems.

DrAtomic, I don't know why over-polishing would cause hard starts and skipping? However, if you do need "to resort to micro-mesh", then that should be thirty seconds' worth -- perhaps sixty? -- of work! I have smoothed plenty of nibs and it is small work, indeed: certainly no great imposition. Hard starts and skipping sounds more like an ink-flow problem to me -- faulty feed or manufacturing oils on the material of the feed, perhaps? Good luck with that!

I love the look of my Leonardo pens, but sadly the nibs have been problematic (except for the stub). Three of the pens, one Furore and two Momento Zeros, appear to be over-polished and have hard starts and skipping. I cleaned and flushed them, tried several inks with varying wetness, and haven't been able to ink my way out of it. I'm going to resort to micro-mesh, but it's incredibly annoying to have skipping nibs on such beautiful pens.

Has anyone experienced this issue on their Leonardo pens? I'm surprised that I have three dud nibs when no one else has made mention of any problems.

It seems like Bock steel nibs have some QC issues these days. I've seen many Bock steel nibs with problematic tipping. Take a loupe or macro lens for cellphones and check it out. Maybe they have reverse grand-canyon problem. Contact Leonardo directly or your purchase store, and they will take care of it.

Edited by clear1

Thanks for the input, both bbs and auds! It is appreciated: I still get the impression of Omas quality and attractiveness at, let's say, Conklin prices?

That puts it very well! I think they are some of the best value pens around, and certainly some of the most beautiful. Long may they continue!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I was late to the party and missed out on the black guilloche Art Déco Leonardo MZ Grande. Since it proved impossible to resist the pattern I decided on the colour Sand. This is a really neat pen and at a reasonable rate to boot (well, you know... considering...ebonite-and-what-not...). The nib (F) needed some work before it wrote the way I wanted it to. OOTB it was dry like the desert. But it is what I had in mind, when I ordered it from Casa della Stilographica with a friendly 10 % discount. Many thanks to CdS, I received a perfectly packed parcel in under 3 days, which is rather good in pre-XMas season.

So here I'd like to share some pictures and my delight with you. (First time posting pictures, let's see how this turns out)

fpn_1576789795__lmzgfullbody.jpg

fpn_1576789865__lmzg_size.jpg

fpn_1576789917__lmzgfeed.jpg

fpn_1576789970__lmzgnib.jpg

Greetings,

Christina

I was late to the party and missed out on the black guilloche Art Déco Leonardo MZ Grande. Since it proved impossible to resist the pattern I decided on the colour Sand. This is a really neat pen and at a reasonable rate to boot (well, you know... considering...ebonite-and-what-not...). The nib (F) needed some work before it wrote the way I wanted it to. OOTB it was dry like the desert. But it is what I had in mind, when I ordered it from Casa della Stilographica with a friendly 10 % discount. Many thanks to CdS, I received a perfectly packed parcel in under 3 days, which is rather good in pre-XMas season.

So here I'd like to share some pictures and my delight with you. (First time posting pictures, let's see how this turns out)

fpn_1576789795__lmzgfullbody.jpg

fpn_1576789865__lmzg_size.jpg

fpn_1576789917__lmzgfeed.jpg

fpn_1576789970__lmzgnib.jpg

MAN that is a lovely pen!!!

the Danitrio Fellowship

.... and then you turn that beautiful pen over and there’s a red feed! Gorgeous!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Somehow it reminded me of the red bottom of the Louboutin pumps, nice!

.... and then you turn that beautiful pen over and theres a red feed! Gorgeous!

post-145678-0-36605600-1576929909_thumb.jpeg

Pretty sure i have a bad batch of California Teal. The growth on my MZ's nib was pretty impressive. The nib unit is a screw in, which i got out, the issue now is getting the nib out. Is there a good way to remove the nib and feed without damaging it? I removed my Olive ebonites nib and feed, and managed to break a fin off the feed, i would rather not do that again.

Looks very nice! also thanks to nicely taken pics.

The material looks good too, the pattern is rather convincing in the sand finish.

What is strange about that is, if I'm reading their page correctly, they made only ONE pen in each color. That is as limited as an LE can get!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

What is strange about that is, if I'm reading their page correctly, they made only ONE pen in each color. That is as limited as an LE can get!

I thought the same thing-Casa Stilographica usually does theirs in groups of 43 IIRC. Perhaps they’re prototypes with more to follow.

I thought the same thing-Casa Stilographica usually does theirs in groups of 43 IIRC. Perhaps theyre prototypes with more to follow.

Oh I do hope so ... that red GT would definitely join my stable. Thanks for pointing these out, Herrjaeger!

Edited by bbs

Leonardo has produced pens with a remarkable variety of materials this year. I count 52 just on the Casa Stilografica website at the moment (not counting rhodium vs. gold trim choices), and I know there have been other limited or special editions on other websites that are no longer available and were exclusive to those sites. Casa Stilografica seems to continue to demonstrate limited editions after they’re sold out, so it’s convenient to count theirs.