The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Small Ink Bottles- Filling Tips?

ink pen filling

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 MHBru

MHBru

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2019 - 21:28

+1 on syringes....  and they are cheap .. or any of the other options on this page

https://www.gouletpe...illing-supplies

Sponsored Content

#22 sirgilbert357

sirgilbert357

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 15:31

I picked up a Pineider Snorkel which I use as standard practice to fill up my C/C pens. It doesn't fit every converter, but it wasn't a lot of money and I can't go back to dipping nibs and getting incomplete fills. $15 from Goulet- potentially less elsewhere. 

Ouch. That's a pretty high price for just a blunt tip snorkel filler, isn't it?

OP, I'd use a blunt tip syringe to transfer ink to a sample vial and fill from there. Or, yeah, the Pineder Pen Filler. I have one for my Pilot 823 and its pretty handy.

Syringes can be very cheap and last for years: $6.99 for 10 pack (you could probably find a two pack for like 2 bucks on eBay though):

https://www.amazon.c...gateway&sr=8-23

#23 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 23:21

Pill bottles, specifically this type:

A4SO7IY.jpg

They use soft plastic cap seals instead of paper, which makes them good for liquids.  You can also put an o-ring in their to be extra safe.  I'm sure you could buy some from your local pharmacy at a very low price.

As a side note, if anyone is looking for a cheap, waterproof container for a large amount of ink, urine specimen bottles work really well for that.  Cheap, sturdy and designed to be absolutely waterproof.

Ink sample vials are tapered at the bottom, so you can actually get out a lot more of the ink.

Also, this is what I do for my sailor inks, is just get a better bottle. I hate sailor's garbage bottles, so I just spent $1.75 apiece for a handful of empty iroshizuku bottles (all the bottles are easy to find online, only lamy tends to be harder to find because that's an amazing bottle design)

And I use an empty lamy bottle for my pilot blue black that I refill from a big 350mL container.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, pen filling

Sponsored Content

|