A Nib Grind And Some Free Stuff To Prove It!

jj9ball

I've gotten a few more pens done and am working on a couple different custom orders, but thats not the good news. I have been trying to figure out this whole nib grinding thing for the past couple years. The past 3 or 4 months I've really cranked up my experimenting and (hopefully) learning. I am ready to offer a grind.... A grind. I feel pretty confident that I can do a cursive italic grind. I know I'm leaving out architect and left and right oblique and crisp italic... but baby steps are better than none at all. With all that being said here is my free offer. I am willing to offer a cursive italic grind to anyone who buys one of my current inventory pens for free www.jandjwooddesigns.net. You're probably thinking "yea, but what if it sucks?". I know, I was afraid of the same thing. So if you are willing to take me up on my offer I will grind the nib size of your choice F, M, B into a cursive italic and then send you a free regular not ground nib size of your choice just in case you find my grind terrible. You will still end up with a beautiful pen that works perfect, so there will be no risk to you, the customer. The only thing I ask is that you give me feedback. Please do tell me if its too scratchy, not italicy enough, or any other thing that you find I could improve on. I have been struggling with how to get into the nib customization and grinding side of the pen business without making the first few people mad and this is the best way I can come up with. This is limited to the first 6 people who take me up on it.

Below you will see some of my recently finished work. I have a pair of sister pens in red and black acrylic. These were fun to make and really fixed the problem of always having too much material left over. Also pictured is an Emerald Ice Alumilite fatty pen that I just love. I begged my wife to let me keep it and she said no. I am just itching to put some Emerald of Chivoir in this one and see what happens. Finally pictured is a writing sample from a Broad Cursive Italic nib grind I did for myself. Hopefully this give you a good idea of what you can expect if you take me up on my offer for a custom grind. I would love to hear what everyone thinks both good and bad. I look forward to sending out some Cursive Italic grinds for people to sample.

The website again is

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

post-114414-0-41460700-1565127716_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-73998400-1565127734_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-69669200-1565127749_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-73535600-1565127793_thumb.jpg

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic