• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Cyrille81

• Mulrich

• Uncial

I don't live near a boutique but I do a google search every coupe days. The links from Aud are the first working links Ive seen yet, hopefully that means we'll start seeing the pens soon.

This is the first named MB pen that's interested me and I'm debating which, if any to get.

I love the pen but alas this is not the year for a new MB addition I am afraid.

Regarding the above, I agree with A1979 that this is not the place to discuss this. I will say one thing. In the 1950s and 1960s our culture was vastly different that it is now. What is acceptable now would not have been acceptable then, and vice versa. Perhaps we should remember that those in the past would find our culture now equally questionable.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

A smack down on the finial, and it would be! :D It's quite different from what I imagined, but probably better positioned to take to the meetings.

Thank you !! It looks like the Cross Peerless.

I got the official marketing email from MB about the Disney pens. Still looking forward to more detailed photos and hopefully seeing pictures of the rumored ultra-limited artesian edition.

I wish they did a dark navy with the SE pennavy matches the Disney motif better than straight black.

I just noticed the orientation of the Mickey on the barrel of the SE is different on the ballpoint and fountain pens. On the BP, Mickey is oriented heads up when writing and on the FP Mickey is oriented heads down when writing. Maybe this is just a mistake in marketing materials but it seems odd. Having now seen both, the FP seems wrong.

I'm on my phone so I can't post pictures but the links below are screenshots taken from MB's website.

Ballpoint

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ibAJGbG1p9kQQTXWJldV8Q1Q

Fountain

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0DXuBMXHR3tCUJXlRwO8gqnAA

Ouch, I see what you mean. That's rather sad, actually... :headsmack:

but I'm not a Disney fan, nor a mouse fan, so I'll leave this one for the rest of you

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I don't think the FP version is wrong. On FP, Mickey on nib and Mickey on barrel have to face the same direction, and cap graphics have to face the same direction as nib/barrel when capped (considered primary position). For the ballpoint, since there is no nib design direction factor, the Mickey on barrel and cap just need to face the same direction (direction is as "posted" position).

I just noticed the orientation of the Mickey on the barrel of the SE is different on the ballpoint and fountain pens. On the BP, Mickey is oriented heads up when writing and on the FP Mickey is oriented heads down when writing. Maybe this is just a mistake in marketing materials but it seems odd. Having now seen both, the FP seems wrong.

I'm on my phone so I can't post pictures but the links below are screenshots taken from MB's website.

Ballpoint
Fountain

~ Has anyone added a Disney fountain pen to the Montblancs they use?

If so, how does it write?

Any images of the pen, nib and a handwriting sample would be appreciated.

How about the Disney ink or the Disney notebook?

Tom K.

~ Has anyone added a Disney fountain pen to the Montblancs they use?

If so, how does it write?

Any images of the pen, nib and a handwriting sample would be appreciated.

How about the Disney ink or the Disney notebook?

Tom K.

Montblanc has added the page on their website for this series: https://www.montblanc.com/en-shop/landingpages/disney.html

Also Appelboom and La Couronne du Comte.

But I guess you were looking for user pictures, which are always better for getting a feel and an impression in real life. And which I don't have. :)

Montblanc has added the page on their website for this series: https://www.montblanc.com/en-shop/landingpages/disney.html

Also Appelboom and La Couronne du Comte.

But I guess you were looking for user pictures, which are always better for getting a feel and an impression in real life. And which I don't have. :)

~ adim:

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I'd seen official marketing images of the Disney fountain pen many months ago.

The usual standard resellers and Montblanc itself have posted carefully composed marketing images.

It seems that I may not have been clear enough, as what would be particularly valuable would be images from those who purchased and have written with a Disney fountain pen.

Their experience in holding, filling with ink, writing, sketching, or doodling would tell more than the typical marketing images from retailers.

I apologize for not having been clear enough. Any purchaser of a Disney fountain pen might post an image or two of it in use.

Tom K.

Hi Tom,
No I don't have mine yet. I'm waiting my reseller receives them. It seems it will be on the second half of November/beginning of December. It will be the LE1901 for me. The special edition seems interesting too. The LE90 seems interesting too even if not in homage to Mickey Mouse but out of my budget. You can see some pictures here: https://elite-magazin.com/luxus/montblanc-walt-disney-edition/

Hi Tom,

No I don't have mine yet. I'm waiting my reseller receives them. It seems it will be on the second half of November/beginning of December. It will be the LE1901 for me. The special edition seems interesting too. The LE90 seems interesting too even if not in homage to Mickey Mouse but out of my budget. You can see some pictures here: https://elite-magazin.com/luxus/montblanc-walt-disney-edition/

~ Cyrille:

That's very good to know.

It won't be long. I'm excited for you, as this may be a particularly special pen.

While I'm looking forward to images with handwriting samples from our regular FPN Montblanc Forum members, it's very good to have those images you've kindly mentioned.

Thank you so much for telling us.

Tom K.

Ballpoint

Fountain

Ouch, I see what you mean. That's rather sad, actually... :headsmack:

but I'm not a Disney fan, nor a mouse fan, so I'll leave this one for the rest of you

I've looked at both today at the Orlando Boutique, but I didn't notice this. However, I find the different orientations whimsical, playful and even Mickey Mouse-like.

When you're using the Fountain pen or Rollerball, he's peeking at you. When using the ballpoint, he's being nosy and seeing what you're writing.

http://www.arcmailbox.com/img/pens/disney-pens.png

Edited by lemonde

These are the photos I took today at my reseller store of the Great Characters Walt Disney Special Edition :

49054789512_2ce58ea118_c.jpg 49054790587_9c3c417d34_c.jpg

49054790282_9917e963a2_c.jpg 49054789822_935c342034_c.jpg

I will add the limited edition photos soon after taken them from my pen I bought :) I also really like the special edition version and I think I will buy the ballpoint later.

~ Cyrille:

It's very thoughtful of you to post those images for everyone to enjoy.

Thank you for all of the photos. They help others to better appreciate the Disney pens.

Tom K.

Thank you Tom :)

And now some pictures of the Limited Edition 1901. All the photos will be in the post with all the photos of my collection.

49055492602_14bd31f656_c.jpg 49055492322_f93f56ae1d_c.jpg

49054761768_b791d56696_c.jpg 49055491597_8e9197cb59_c.jpg

49054762353_0c5696d806_c.jpg 49055491092_a99f26746f_c.jpg

49054761483_329b6131a9_c.jpg 49055276961_9c49350586_c.jpg

49054760683_04612a2749_c.jpg 49055488882_dfbd7e60ff_c.jpg

You can turn the barrel to have a scanimation that animates the Disney and Mickey star. I will try to do a little video in the coming days to show it.

My question is with something so collectible, do you actually use it? Will you ink it up? I would in a second but I'm sure that the devalues it. In the end, it would be about my enjoyment, not the collectibility on some level. I would for sure use it.

My question is with something so collectible, do you actually use it? Will you ink it up? I would in a second but I'm sure that the devalues it. In the end, it would be about my enjoyment, not the collectibility on some level. I would for sure use it.

Yes it is already inked with MB Maya blue. All my pens are inked and used. I'm not buy them as investment. I bought and collect them because I like them and to have pleasure writing with them.

I own a few of these SE, they’re all inked and used... my two favorites are the John Lennon and Hitchcock...