• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• Tas

• Gary1952

• Intensity

Wow, is that color IDENTICAL to Pelikan Olivine? It looks like the exact same thing on my monitor. That way in real life?

Never mind the review of this particular ink . . . where did you get hold of Mont Blanc Racing Green . . .??? :yikes: :wub:

Excellent review as ever with really helpful comparisons. :) Thank you

Thank you for the excellent review.

My thoughts:

• Montblanc issues a plethora of "new" inks annually.
  • In general the colours are ordinary, at best.
  • The prices are outrageously high.
  • The packaging is very appealing, however, it does not enhance a nondescript ink or justify the premium price that is levied.
Edited by Gary1952

Intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

Thank you for your nice comments!

@eharriett: similar, but not identical. Pelikan is more olive with a few slightly brown hues. Montblanc has a more clean, „cold“ ( = more blue) look. I feel that it is more similar to Diamine Umber.

@tas: from my personal „private reserve“, bought many many years ago.

Cheers

Michael

Not my cup of tea ...I mean ink, but that pen is lovely! Thank you for the review.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Very nice review! While I am not really partial to dark green inks, this one looks interesting. I like the shading and the lower saturation. I may just have to pick up a bottle of this.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• 1 month later...

~ Michael R.:

Somehow I overlooked this review of Montblanc Kipling Jungle ink.

The images are outstanding. They present the ink in a positive light.

Thank you for preparing and posting this review.

Tom K.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice review.

I can add my short experience so far with this ink in just one pen: Scribo Feel Verde prato, XF flex.

• excellent drytime with this wet nib on paper, far above average (I can turn the page immediately, sign one sheet after another); Drytime is far better than Colorverse Redwood forest and Waterman absolute bro
  • slow drying on the nib, no need to recap the pen between short interruptions
  • no smearing
  • nice shading
  • needs 1st class paper (eg Clairefontaine velouté 90gr), otherwise severe bleedthrough
  • a full page of text can be read without fatigue,
  • pleasant to the eye
  • beautyfull match with this pen

An excellent ink for office work as for private writing.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Orval

Orval