The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The Arco Photo Thread

arco celluloid omas brown bronze green grey

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#101 Discombobulate

Discombobulate

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:03

Thanks for the info. 

SBRE Brown seems tricky to get a hold of (the one spot in Australia with it listed on their site was sold out) but I will look at terracotta. 

I haven’t had a chance to get some nice photos happening. It’s been a bit overcast here and was hoping for the sun to come out to really take advantage 

I also haven’t inked the pen yet.  It might seem a little silly, but I’ve been looking at inks, and it seemed odd to fill it with something safe, like Aurora black, only to flush when my chosen ink arrives. 

Out of my excessive arsenal of brown inks, the two I always prefer for my bronze Arcos are Akkerman SBRE Brown and Diamine Terracotta. Both have that exact nuance that seem made of the same material of the pen, but liquid... Terracotta is brighter, for the days when one feels that life deserves a celebration. Akkerman's is a bit soberest, and almost perfect.

Please, let we know for which ink you eventually decided, maybe with a shot of your incoming pen...

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arco celluloid, omas, brown, bronze, green, grey

Sponsored Content

|