The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The Arco Photo Thread

arco celluloid omas brown bronze green grey

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:31

No words required...

fpn_1568431749__omas_arco_fountain_pens_

Sponsored Content

#62 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2019 - 16:40

May I ask fpupulin and other members, what's your favourite Arco pen and why? I'll start first:

I like the Omas old style Paragon and Ogiva Arco Brown in gold trim the most. I really cannot decide between the two which is the absolute best. They are perfect size, perfect balance, perfect combination of warm colour tones, and the old style piston! In terms of the shape to show off best the Arco material, it's the Omas 360, but I don't like the snap cap (though I have never heard of any issues with this type of cap on Omas).

There is no right or wrong answers. I just wanted to see how others see the Arcos and their perspectives. Thank you.

#63 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 912 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 00:55

What makes Arco unique is that it has so many different patterns, depending not only on the angle the rod was cut, but also on the exact level within any single layer where the cut was made, which reveals ever changing and unrepeatable facets of the material and its internal structure. 

fpn_1569109495__b32525d2-d7bb-4391-8e95-

#64 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 912 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 22:56

O fortuna! So lucky...

fpn_1572303285__o_fortuna_omas_arco_cell

#65 RubenDh

RubenDh

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2019 - 17:36

You, sir, are an artist with your pens and camera.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arco celluloid, omas, brown, bronze, green, grey

Sponsored Content

|