The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The Arco Photo Thread

arco celluloid omas brown bronze green grey

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Michael R.

Michael R.

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:25

Looks like the olde (1990s) style Paragon :-)

Cheers

Michael

Sponsored Content

#42 Alberto

Alberto

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 17:13

One Arco 360 missing, but here are mine...

OMAS_Arco_1.jpg

OMAS_Arco_2.jpg

#43 Alberto

Alberto

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 19:28

Wonderful thread. My Omas 360 Rollerball in vermeil before I sold it.

Was your roller number 10, by any chance?

#44 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 21:04

One Arco 360 missing, but here are mine...

OMAS_Arco_1.jpg

OMAS_Arco_2.jpg

Chapeau, Alberto!  This is quite a strong dosis (minus one) of Arco, and your pens make up a really wonderful group.

I have to lough when I see that Omas' passionates can not decide for one or the other between the gold trim and the silver trim of the same pen...

I am in the same boat... They are equally splendid!!!

[Paraphrasing an indigenous women from western Panama when asked which one of the fruits she was selling was the better, who candidly answered: "Both are better".]

#45 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 15:17

PM sent :-)

Was your roller number 10, by any chance?

#46 Alberto

Alberto

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 17:29

Chapeau, Alberto!  This is quite a strong dosis (minus one) of Arco, and your pens make up a really wonderful group.

I have to lough when I see that Omas' passionates can not decide for one or the other between the gold trim and the silver trim of the same pen...

I am in the same boat... They are equally splendid!!!

[Paraphrasing an indigenous women from western Panama when asked which one of the fruits she was selling was the better, who candidly answered: "Both are better".]

He he he... indeed! If I could track down an Arco 360 with the RG trim, I would probably get that as well... :-D

When I get back home I will try to take a picture of all 6 Brown Arco together...  The 360 is definitely my favorite pen, and the Arco celluloid works so well on it!!!

#47 CeeElle

CeeElle

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 21:05

He he he... indeed! If I could track down an Arco 360 with the RG trim, I would probably get that as well... :-D

When I get back home I will try to take a picture of all 6 Brown Arco together...  The 360 is definitely my favorite pen, and the Arco celluloid works so well on it!!!

Splendid Arco 360s you have there including a nice prototype. I too am searching for a rose gold variant but alas, Im not sure I will ever find one for sale. The 360 Arco in my view is the only truly rare variant with such limited numbers being produced, 36 in each trim variant. Such a shame as having the Arco material in this shape spoils all other Arco pens for you forever 😛

Y1OOMfsh.jpg
ndiTZhkh.jpg

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

#48 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 912 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 15:14

Arco, leather, wood, briar wood, and fire (actually, it is portable lamp...)

fpn_1565795552__luce_pennellata_sulle_om

#49 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:38

Sometimes when the celluloid layers are not totally flat but a little curvy, the ripples are more pronounced, like this cap. It's always mesmerising to look at Arcos.

Attached Images

• IMG_5372.jpg
  • IMG_5373.jpg

#50 AurorasLover

AurorasLover

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 17:28

Fantastic thread. My little contribution here with an OMAS arco brown Paragon, a custom Aurora Optima with arco material and a piece of raw arco.

Attached Images

• Arco1.jpg

Edited by AurorasLover, 16 August 2019 - 17:29.

#51 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 23:38

I've just had my Ogiva Arco extra flessibile nib made extra smooth and have fallen in love with it again. I do wish this celluloid was more widely available.

#52 Storch

Storch

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2019 - 00:33

Fantastic thread. My little contribution here with an OMAS arco brown Paragon, a custom Aurora Optima with arco material and a piece of raw arco.

If I may ask, how did you come to have the piece of raw material?  I know they are neigh impossible to get now, but I didn't think it was particularly easy before either.

#53 AurorasLover

AurorasLover

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:05

If I may ask, how did you come to have the piece of raw material?  I know they are neigh impossible to get now, but I didn't think it was particularly easy before either.

I asked about 1,000 people, received 999 "noes" before finally getting 1 yes ... plain and simple persistence ;) Took over a year.

#54 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:07

I've just had my Ogiva Arco extra flessibile nib made extra smooth and have fallen in love with it again. I do wish this celluloid was more widely available.

Glad to hear that it worked out, Uncial. I remember that you asked about it in another thread. Will you post us a photo of your Ogiva Arco please?  :)

#55 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:10

Very nice and unique Aurora in Arco, AurorasLover. May I ask what do you plan to make out of the Arco rod? I guess probably not a walking stick?  :D

#56 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 912 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 13:10

Taking inspiration from AuroraLover's beautiful, tailored Aurora Optima in Arco Brown (and also from his still virgin rod of celluloid), I managed to work out in Photoshop the mockup of one of my preferred pens in this splendid material.

I introduce you to the Arco Brown Fantasy Montegrappa Extra Otto:

fpn_1566219408__montegrappa_extra_otto_a

#57 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2019 - 13:30

What, an Arco in MG Otto? Thats not fair! Oh wait, its okay... :-)))))

#58 AurorasLover

AurorasLover

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2019 - 19:43

Very nice and unique Aurora in Arco, AurorasLover. May I ask what do you plan to make out of the Arco rod? I guess probably not a walking stick?  :D

Thank you very much. Originally, I wanted to keep the extra bit of arco in case my custom Aurora needed some repair one day. Now, I am debating between holding onto it or potentially selling it. It is not a huge rod, but enough for a custom binde. 

#59 MightyEighth

MightyEighth

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 August 2019 - 23:08

Ive never read where the name Arco came from. Anyone know?

Ink 'em if you got 'em!

#60 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:43

Perhaps can still make a small pen out of it? Would be quite special. In the US, seems Scriptorium has a good reputation for that.

Thank you very much. Originally, I wanted to keep the extra bit of arco in case my custom Aurora needed some repair one day. Now, I am debating between holding onto it or potentially selling it. It is not a huge rod, but enough for a custom binde. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arco celluloid, omas, brown, bronze, green, grey

Sponsored Content

|