Bought M605 And Received M805 - Return?

Alexd2007

I purchased what was described as a black/blue m605 with a medium nib of eBay from a seller that sells a fair number of pens.

I noticed that the pen has an 18k nib in the auction pictures and inquired with the seller if he was sure that this is indeed an m605, not an m805. I was looking for an m605 due to the smaller size.

Anyway, I received the pen and im guessing an m805 - based on weight, length and the brass fitting below the piston. Its a nice pen, but not exactly what I waned and bought. The pen is in good condition.

The seller has a lot of good feedback so Im assuming this was an honest mistake. Seller also assured me that I can return the pen if Im unhappy with it.

I suspect its not something that I will use regularly due to the size, but it may be worth keeping if the price that I paid is decent for the pen.

Paid $250 - how does that stack up for a used black/blue m805 in good condition? High, normal or a bargain?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alexd2007

• LyaT

• Glenn-SC

• sargetalon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you indeed have a black/blue M805 as it sounds, you got a pretty good deal on it. Id say average price for one is around $350 at auction. Great pen but I can understand if the size does not not suit.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

If you indeed have a black/blue M805 as it sounds, you got a pretty good deal on it. Id say average price for one is around $350 at auction. Great pen but I can understand if the size does not not suit.

Thanks Sargetalon. I have fairly big hands and might just have to get used to the size of the pen Currently my regular use pens are a Parker 51 and a Lamy 2000 so seeing a rather large shiny nib is new to me.

Im reasonably sure its an m805. Its 5.5 inches long capped, weighs 1oz on my kitchen scale (empty) and the material under the piston knob is brass. And the nib is 18k

Edited by Alexd2007

If the weight is not a problem, I will keep the 805. The piston filler mechanism is made of brass, which is better (durable and easier to disassemble) than the one in the 600 series.

If the weight is not a problem, I will keep the 805. The piston filler mechanism is made of brass, which is better (durable and easier to disassemble) than the one in the 600 series.

Yes! Glad you are keeping it.

If you know/think/suspect that the Seller sent you the wrong pen you should inform them of what you believe is their mistake.

If the Seller believes/agrees with you they should offer to pay for return shipment of the M805 and delivery of your M605.

If the Seller doesn't think that the pen you have is an M805 or are happy with the sale made and lets you keep the M805, then everyone should be happy.

[edit to correct a typographical error.]

Edited by Glenn-SC

The Large 800 is a nail...600 semi-nail...and is more nimble. The medium-large 600 has great balance posted....IMO the 800 does not have good balance un-posted and worse posted.

Return the pen for the 600 you didn't get.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

If you know/think/suspect that the Seller sent you the wrong pen you should inform them of what you believe is their mistake.

If the Seller believes/agrees with you they should offer to pay for return shipment of the M805 and delivery of your M605.

If the Seller doesn't think that the pen you have is an M805 or are happy with the sale made and lets you keep the M805, then everyone should be happy.

[edit to correct a typographical error.]

The seller is certainly willing to take the pen back and refund, and Ill ask if 605 is available. I somewhat doubt it. Going by the sellers sales history he seems to be a pen collector buying and selling pens rather than a pen business with a sizable inventory.

People make mistakes.

Even Sellers who should be knowledgeable of the goods that they are selling sometimes make mistakes.

I once ordered a Lamy 2000 Stainless Steel version from a well known German pen seller.

I received a copy of the Limited Edition 2000 pen.

I wrote back to the Seller asking if they had sent me the wrong pen.

The Seller got angry and insisted that they (not an employee!) personally inspects and packs every pen that they sell and that they sent me exactly what I had ordered.

So I sent them a photo of the Limited Edition 2000 pen that they had sent me and asked "Do you want this back?"

Still snippy, the sent me a return shipping label and a Stainless Steel 2000.
Never a word of "thank you" or "my mistake".

You doing "the right thing" means "You doing the right thing" regardless of other peoples actions.

(I am now off my horse.)

Edited by Glenn-SC

After I tried the M800 size I decided that it was more to my liking than the M600 size. If the dealer is happy with the transaction, I would keep the M800 personally.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

People make mistakes.

Even Sellers who should be knowledgeable of the goods that they are selling sometimes make mistakes.

I once ordered a Lamy 2000 Stainless Steel version from a well known German pen seller.

I received a copy of the Limited Edition 2000 pen.

I wrote back to the Seller asking if they had sent me the wrong pen.

The Seller got angry and insisted that they (not an employee!) personally inspects and packs every pen that they sell and that they sent me exactly what I had ordered.

So I sent them a photo of the Limited Edition 2000 pen that they had sent me and asked "Do you want this back?"

Still snippy, the sent me a return shipping label and a Stainless Steel 2000.

Never a word of "thank you" or "my mistake".

You doing "the right thing" means "You doing the right thing" regardless of other peoples actions.

(I am now off my horse.)

Just to clarify - the m605 in black with blue stripes and silver accents is a special edition that was only made for a year (2012 i believe) and it is rather difficult to find. Chances are that it has a higher dollar value than the m805 in the same color that I received.

My inquiry was to find out if $250 is a good enough price for the m805 to consider keeping it. If the seller would prefer that I return it I will. The seller has apologized and said I can send it back for a refund and I sent a follow up to find out if that would be his preference.

IMO $250 is a very good bargain for a slightly used M805.

Your pictures does not show the top of the cap, with the bird logo. Is it a new version or old version? If it is an old version, Id consider it an ok price.

IMO $250 is a very good bargain for a slightly used M805.

Your pictures does not show the top of the cap, with the bird logo. Is it a new version or old version? If it is an old version, Id consider it an ok price.

post-82335-0-16594200-1564846100_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Alexd2007

New version and a great price!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!