The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Close Up Of My Beat Up Rotring 800

rotring mechanical pencil pencil not a fountain pen rotring 800

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 acarsillo

acarsillo

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:06

Hello, new member here. Although I do use fountain pens regularly, mainly a Lamy 2000 with a Fine nib, I'm more fond of mechanical pencils, specially the ones with interesting mechanisms and "quirks and features" as Doug DeMuro would say. I'll start uploading here if anyone's interested, and, if you'd like to see more photos, I post regularly on my Instagram focused on stationery (@mchpncl). Here's my beat up 800. I've been using it on a daily basis for around 4 years now, and I'm always carrying it in my pocket. I hope you guys enjoy the macro photos!

LxPtzci.jpg DpIt5SW.jpg G6XaNzZ.jpg MO7TjTd.jpg eH0Wgdq.jpg Oq4tgdK.jpg kHBsq3e.jpg 3D5NsnY.jpg 9ACahA0.jpg FlEpTRC.jpg BCtgbKk.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Studio97

Studio97

Studio97

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:37

Now it has character.

#3 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,646 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 20:16

Wonderful wabi-sabi there, Acarsillo

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

#4 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:06

Isn't a pencil kind of a pain to use for things? You can't legally sign anything in pencil.

I love my m800 as well, but I do kind of prefer the balance of the 600, though if it was in a pocket all the time, that retractable point is mandatory. I just wish it came in 0.3mm.

Now rotring just needs to make a twist-extend eraser like those cheap garbage pentel's. I'm getting tired of tiny rotring erasers.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 06 August 2019 - 04:06.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#5 acarsillo

acarsillo

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 00:28

Isn't a pencil kind of a pain to use for things? You can't legally sign anything in pencil.

I love my m800 as well, but I do kind of prefer the balance of the 600, though if it was in a pocket all the time, that retractable point is mandatory. I just wish it came in 0.3mm.

Now rotring just needs to make a twist-extend eraser like those cheap garbage pentel's. I'm getting tired of tiny rotring erasers.

I'm an Architecture student so I'm constantly sketching, and I do not enjoy doing that with a pen haha. Also, I don't use the erasers on any of my pencils. I just use a Pentel ZE31 "clic eraser".

#6 acarsillo

acarsillo

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 00:28

Wonderful wabi-sabi there, Acarsillo

Indeed! Thank you.

#7 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:48

I'm an Architecture student so I'm constantly sketching, and I do not enjoy doing that with a pen haha. Also, I don't use the erasers on any of my pencils. I just use a Pentel ZE31 "clic eraser".

I use the same eraser, but I miss the convenience of just spinning the pencil around to erase.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rotring, mechanical pencil, pencil, not a fountain pen, rotring 800

Sponsored Content

|