The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Manu Propria Shibui Neoro Nuri With Raden

manupropria raden urushi ebonite martin pauli

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dms525

dms525

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2019 - 22:44

Manu Propria is the atelier of Martin Pauli of Berne, Switzerland. Martin is a serious student of Japanese urushi styles and techniques and a highly skilled artisan. His pens are all handmade by him alone, thus his brand name which translates to "my own hand." 

I received my first of Martin's pens just today, and I am delighted with the aesthetics, the quality of workmanship and the ergonomics of this gorgeous pen. I want to share a few photos, just because I think the pen is so exceptionally beautiful.

I am aware that I am posting this in the Japan-Asia forum, and that Switzerland in in Europe. But the pen is more in the Japanese tradition, so ... If the moderators would dispute my judgement, they can move this posting as they feel appropriate. Nuff said. Here are some photos:

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

Enjoy!

David

P.S. Typo in topic title noted. "Neoro" should obviously be "Negoro."

Sponsored Content

#2 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,832 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2019 - 23:28

Enjoy your new pen David. Martin does great work!

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#3 GardenWeasel

GardenWeasel

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 23:56

Wow! The pen is gorgeous!
Posted Image

#4 jandrese

jandrese

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 18:53

Cool, thanks for sharing. I saw a bunch of these on sale at Itoya in Ginza, Tokyo so I reckon these belong on this forum. :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: manupropria, raden, urushi, ebonite, martin pauli

Sponsored Content

|