The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pelikan Nib Repair In Chicago?

pelikan nib repair chicago

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TravelCommons

TravelCommons

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2019 - 14:20

I just received an M800 Fine from Cult Pens that has an awful rough spot. Before I go thru the hassle of sending back to the UK for an exchange, can anyone suggest a shop in the Chicago area that could fix the nib? I'd prefer to pay a nibmeister to smooth it out than trans Atlantic shipping.

Thanks,

Mark

Sponsored Content

#2 Ron Z

Ron Z

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,345 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 14:59

Anderson pens has a shop in Chicago, but I gather that they aren't doing repair work.  I don't know of any one in the Chicago area.   But why would you send it back to the UK?  There are a number of qualified nib people and pen mechanics who do more than just nib work here in the USA who could take care of it.  It would likely be cheaper than sending it overseas for service.

banner200.jpg
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

#3 Tonhao5

Tonhao5

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 00:50

If it's not too bad, Anderson Pens does sell micromesh... 

They also hold "Pen spa" days where a repairman would come in for a day and look at your pens. 

#4 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:33

I just received an M800 Fine from Cult Pens that has an awful rough spot.

If it's so awful and/or rough to the point of being considered defective, surely Cult Pens will cover the return shipping for the exchange? Have you contacted Cult Pens, shown its staff photos of the nib and perhaps writing samples (and/or resulting damage to the paper surface), and see what they say?

Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. I believe we're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but no shared values and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking', we're friends

'6 Underground' by Sneaker Pimps

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, nib, repair, chicago

Sponsored Content

|