FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:15
Anyone seen this thing in the catalogues, or is it a one-off?
Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:49
Waterman called that a "Telescope Cap" and it was definitely a standard offering. Designed so that people who had their pens on chains pinned to their clothing could easily use the pen.
Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:19
1925 waterman catalog pages 32,34,41,42,49 and 50.
A standard 5421/2v with ring-top would have cost one $7 and if they go for the telescoping cap it would have been 9$. Most overlays seems to have been sold with both options (for ring tops).
According to their own words:
"Telescope caps offer an added convenience when pens are carried in the pocket, on a chain, The telescope cap fits firmly and securely on the cap of the pen yet permitting pen to be quickly and easily detached for use, See pages 32,34,41,42,49,50) "
link to the catalog on archive.org :
This one is a 0572 1/2 v eyedropper with the same cap.
Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:20
Yes, to much of what was said above. I have a 0552 1/2V pen of this configuration. It gets around the issue of being able to post, but still be a ring-top pen.
Some people call them "thimble tops".
Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:23
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman, ringtop, vest pen
Brand Focus →
Mabie Todd Research/Special Interest Forum/Group →
Writing Instruments →
Fountain & Dip Pens - First Stop →
Regional Focus →
Japan - Asia →
Brand Focus →
Brand Focus →