Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:15
Anyone seen this thing in the catalogues, or is it a one-off?
Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:49
Waterman called that a "Telescope Cap" and it was definitely a standard offering. Designed so that people who had their pens on chains pinned to their clothing could easily use the pen.
Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:19
1925 waterman catalog pages 32,34,41,42,49 and 50.
A standard 5421/2v with ring-top would have cost one $7 and if they go for the telescoping cap it would have been 9$. Most overlays seems to have been sold with both options (for ring tops).
According to their own words:
"Telescope caps offer an added convenience when pens are carried in the pocket, on a chain, The telescope cap fits firmly and securely on the cap of the pen yet permitting pen to be quickly and easily detached for use, See pages 32,34,41,42,49,50) "
link to the catalog on archive.org :
This one is a 0572 1/2 v eyedropper with the same cap.
Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:20
Yes, to much of what was said above. I have a 0552 1/2V pen of this configuration. It gets around the issue of being able to post, but still be a ring-top pen.
Some people call them "thimble tops".
Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:23
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman, ringtop, vest pen
Brand Focus →
Inks, Inc. →
Ink Reviews →
Writing Instruments →
Repair Q&A →
FPN Community →
Pay It Forward, Loaner Programs & Group Buys →
Inks, Inc. →
Ink Comparisons →